Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
Torque Monkey

Name: Torque Monkey
Title: The show stopper!!!!!
Member`s Gallery
I buy the easiest thing to work on. Let's face it, no matter what you do you are going to have to work on it because it is all junk!

Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque Monkey View Post
I buy the easiest thing to work on. Let's face it, no matter what you do you are going to have to work on it because it is all junk!
see, over the last few years of owning Dodges, I realized that I had no desire to work on them. Thankfully I didn't have to, but what little needed done, I just farmed it out.

I don't want to work on my Fords, but I don't want to work on anything!

They've needed less work than my Dodges. Good times

Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
40ray

Name: 40ray
Member`s Gallery
I was born and bred a ford freak. I have a 78 f250 4x4 my wife drives a 73 f250 2x4 and i have a fox body. But my dad has drivin trucks his whole life and loves cummins. So when it came time to buy a diesel i bought a first gen. 21Mpg all day long, easiest thing ive ever worked on, and out runs alot of the newer trucks. I cant complain one bit.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
Cummins610

Name: Cummins610
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
What brand do you run and why???

Started out with fords, the 7.3s never started in the cold, ate more ether than I care to admit, bought a 98 12v and everything changed. Had every generation since then, and have had the best luck with the 6.7s, running 4 of them now with a bunch of older 5.9s... No reason to switch anytime soon.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
Torque Monkey

Name: Torque Monkey
Title: The show stopper!!!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing View Post
see, over the last few years of owning Dodges, I realized that I had no desire to work on them. Thankfully I didn't have to, but what little needed done, I just farmed it out.

I don't want to work on my Fords, but I don't want to work on anything!

They've needed less work than my Dodges. Good times
I agree, I just have too much money into my truck to let it go now. Instead I got a project that I want to work on. It has no fenders to lean over, no hood to hit my head on, and if something gets in the way I just cut it off. LMAO!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque Monkey View Post
I agree, I just have too much money into my truck to let it go now. Instead I got a project that I want to work on. It has no fenders to lean over, no hood to hit my head on, and if something gets in the way I just cut it off. LMAO!
I would LOVE a hot rod like that...

Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
Bigphil54

Name: Bigphil54
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Any truck you can stick a loader bucket under the bumper, move the truck around, and hop back in and drive without denting it. Aka any old square bodied trucks. But I dd an 06 Cummins with a dodge body for the efi live and straight 6 torque/reliability/ease of maintenance and lack of emissions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Just trollin' here till i have the funds/time to build my common rail right the FIRST time... maybe

Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #28
4bt40

Name: 4bt40
Title: 4Runner!
Member`s Gallery
I am not really biased to any one specific brand. I have VW, Toyota, GM, Cummins, Ford all in the garage or driveway. I love Heeps, BMWs, hell even the British have some sweet cars I would love to own. I feel like every manufacturer (for the most part) has had their good and bad throughout the years. I just try and nit-pick where I can and snag the ones that are the most fun and the best bang for the buck.

RIP Dex

Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
I worked on 5,000+ cars in my career. I buy based on what I seen.

Ford builds is the only company that builds 3/4+ ton trucks. Everyone elese has glorified suvs. Honda makes the best cars, nothing else even compares.

Fyi, I was raised in a dodge/gm home.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
wcshale

Name: wcshale
Title: Shale
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post

Fyi, I was raised in a dodge/gm home.
I Know what you mean, our house had wheels too

Last edited by wcshale; 10-15-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
joelc79

Name: joelc79
Member`s Gallery
What brand do you run and why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GreenCummins View Post
Bought the Cummins, dodge came along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
I have Dodge because of the engine, not because of the truck it comes in.

This^

It started for me because i did everything opposite of my dad. He never liked trucks, i bought one. As well as motorcycles, boats, pool table, and a house way to big for me. And to think, i could have been miserable like him.
My next truck will be a GM or a Ford though, they seem to be getting it more right lately.

Last edited by joelc79; 10-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #32
Richter415

Name: Richter415
Member`s Gallery
I have 14 trucks between business trucks and personal. Our shop trucks are Chevy 5.3 and 6.0 gasses and one 5.4 F-250. The Chevys have always held up well to what we do, the Ford was a good buy and is a good truck so far.

Our personal trucks which are used for business also are 2 F-150s an Expedition and a 13 F-350 dually which I drive. I chose my Ford because I like the 6.7, it's my 2nd one. I have also had 2 Duramax trucks which were great, but I was tired of GMs.

My first truck was a Dodge and it was ok, but we haven't bought a Dodge shop truck since 04. They have never lasted for us.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #33
Desl Pwr

Name: Desl Pwr
Title: Watching and Learning
Member`s Gallery
I was a Ford fan by birth. My dad had a bunch of different trucks, but I loved the '79 F-250 he had and cried at the age of 14 when he sold it. Then one day I came home on vaction from college and he had a brand new '93 Dodge Cummins. I was hooked the very frist time I drove it. I absolutely fell in love with the sound, feel, and power of the diesel. I knew right then that would be my first new truck. Once I graduated college and started getting a paycheck from the Navy, I ordered my '97. 16 years and 300K miles later and I still love driving that truck.

Closed Thread