Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 05:35 AM   #21
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Project Tow Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstacks95 View Post
I am trading with a member on here (rawdog) for an 2001 Sterling rolling chassis with rear air suspension. The Brigadier is air brakes as well, but the Sterling (freightliner) has a better ratio, the hub pilot wheels, and obviously the air ride. I want to keep it single axle, I won't be towing heavy enough to need a tandem. I appreciate the offer though!

I don't know anything about the air ride, except that I want it, haha. It will be fun to learn how it all works and how to plumb it. Also excited to get rid of the old 11.00R20 rims and tires with the Dayton hubs for some lo-pro 22.5's. This thing sits wicked high right now, which adds to the coolness but kinda kills the use-ability. Anyone looking for some 11.00-20's? The drives are mint, steers dry-rotted but hold air.

BTW the IH is pretty awesome! Love old iron

Rockin Ram, any updates on the Jakes? I am interested. I haven't torn into the motor at all but this thing seems SUPER healthy. It fired up today in the 25 degree weather after sitting for a few weeks, and after running for 15 minutes or so the smoke cleared up to barely a haze. I am impressed.

What I was meaning is the air liner suspension I have is set up for tandems, but you can use one set of hangers, springs and an axle for w a single axle truck. Which is what I am going to do with my KW. Therefore I have a second axle, spring hangers and springs I won't be using.

On the jakes, no I haven't looked into it. I bought the motor with the intentions of building a pulling engine. Plans changed and it still sits in the guys shop a year and a half later. I'll see what I can do.

So are you just keeping the engine and trans out of the Brigadier to swap into the Sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RockinRam96; 01-09-2016 at 05:37 AM.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #22
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRam96 View Post
So are you just keeping the engine and trans out of the Brigadier to swap into the Sterling?
Thanks, No Rush on the Jakes. And no I want to cut off the air suspension from the Sterling and replace the current suspension on the Brig.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Old 01-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #23
gorilla550

Name: gorilla550
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Since you have the rolling chassis plumbing the air ride should be easy. Hardest part of install will be making sure to keep the wheelbase even. Just be careful where you drive with it it doesn't do well off asphalt.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #24
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the tip Gorilla, That is something that needs to be absolutely perfect.

Spent a couple hours on the Brig today and finished the floors up. I got some Dynomat down, and will be sticking some sort of flooring material over top of it, probably a vinyl or something easy to clean. Also got the underside of the doghouse done.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Closed Thread