QCSB quicker 60ft times

I also only removed my overloads that may be causeing the back to squat more which will raise the front since you took an additional leaf out.

Move the caltracs up one hole, then start adding more tension on the bars if that's not enough. Moving the bars up one hole makes a big difference.

I am going to move up to the second hole and see how it does at the track next weekend. It should be faster anyway because ill be running it on a .032 Jet also. I am trying to spray the truck into the 10s.

After that I will be working on my 11.90 tune-up to prepare for the world finals.

my truck hooks the best with cal tracs in middle hole and a gap of a quarter for preload

What do you mean by quarter? A quarter inch or thickness of a quarter?

While I understand what you guys are saying about leaving a gap between the roller and the leaf spring when using caltracs on a foot brake setup, if you have too much of a gap aren't you then allowing your axle to twist before it sees enough force on the leaf springs to counteract this? It seems like you wouldn't be helping much in the axle wrap department with having a gap.

What do you mean by quarter? A quarter inch or thickness of a quarter?

While I understand what you guys are saying about leaving a gap between the roller and the leaf spring when using caltracs on a foot brake setup, if you have too much of a gap aren't you then allowing your axle to twist before it sees enough force on the leaf springs to counteract this? It seems like you wouldn't be helping much in the axle wrap department with having a gap.

I'm pretty sure he meant the thickness of a quarter.

Well, I finally cut a 1.67 Friday night with no changes to the suspension. I left on 15psi but sprayed a .032 jet. Also made my fastest pass to date with a 11.18 but only 1.73 sixty foot and welded the trans together. :doh:

Well, I finally cut a 1.67 Friday night with no changes to the suspension. I left on 15psi but sprayed a .032 jet. Also made my fastest pass to date with a 11.18 but only 1.73 sixty foot and welded the trans together. :doh:

Getting somewhere! :rockwoot:

Back