hp feeler

94adam89

Backwoods Dieselhead
So what hp do you think I might be around. Just throw out a guess! Im looking to make it to a dyno soon and find out myself.

2000 24v -Pro52 71 comp, 19cm exhaust w/ stock mani
-ported and polished head, larger valves, 110's
-7x15s set at p pump pressures
-street cam, as big as possible without flycuts
-215hp ppump, full cuts, ag holders,0 plate, 5kgsk
-.093 lines and .120 tubes
-fluidampner
-electric radiator fans
-air/water (stock intercooler with water tank welded around it)

Lets see who can make a good guess! I'll let you know when it hits the dyno but for now im just curious. hahahahah

thanks Lee. Ur a breath of fresh air, It just would be wrong to make more than his old truck! lol

I appreciate the guesses and input. Just would like to get a feel of what Im looking at is all.

500 if your lucky. Vco injectors or micro blind sac? I'd ditch the full cuts. Youre going to have way to much fuel.

500 if your lucky. Vco injectors or micro blind sac? I'd ditch the full cuts. Youre going to have way to much fuel.

As far as I know they are vco. They were built by East Coast Diesel. They fuel much harder then my 7x16 Schieds that I had before.

What do you mean by " micro blind sac " I've never heard that term before.

And as far as the full cuts>???? What would u recommend? I know there is alot of fuel and it does not clean it up that well, but Ive seen nothing above 1300 egt so far.

You definitely dont have enough power to spin 35" Trxus tires with 3.55 gears, not even on a dry track. LOL

Why didnt u address that on my other thread??? You gotta remember I've got no experience with all of this.. but thanks for saying Lee.

Cause I'm dead wrong according to some. You really need to drop axle ratio if you want to try 35s and even then you'll break less shlt with bfgs. Bfg retreads are cheap from treadwright.

Well.... first off....Seems like you get bashed alot on here but Im not trying to bash you or prove u wrong. I dont know anywhere near what most people on here know.

second...In my opinion everything that gets posted on here is helpful to me in some way, I enjoy reading and learning and hearing what people think.

Now... if my truck with 3.55 and 33 in 3rd gear is 19.69 final drive at 21 mph, wouldnt that be the same as 4.88 with 35 in 4th gear is 18.45 final drive at 22 mph.

So is there any reason I couldnt stick with 33's and run 3rd? Or is the deciding factor that I wont have enough hp?

You must take into consideration trans gearing. Your nv4500 is only factory rated for 450ft/lb of torque. Also drive shaft speed is critical to keeping it alive. High torque/low speed is bad moojoo for a drive shaft.

Back