Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
Post your p-pump swap set-up

I am being an information/picture scavenger these days to prepare me for my swap.

post up your set up and where you got the parts from, and any pics you have that help with the swap post them up too.

so far i have a stock 180 pump to get worked over by a good shop, the gear, the timing case, and thats it. any tips or little pieces of info that will help me out are appreciated

Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
lee01dg

Name: lee01dg
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
175 pump .093" lines (scheid) great fit. .093" tubes can't remember where. Cam gear from a friend same guy I got the pump from and front timing cover ddp250's pops set for pump. All gaskets front cover, tappet cover, pump, front seal, Oil return t fitting and pump oil fitting throttle linkage and cable all at local part shops 12 valve part are abundant. Just my opinion do it RIGHT the first time take the extra time I didn't and it's been kicking me in the azz every since. Finally got everything working properly .Get the cam relocator sensor if you have an 01 so your tach and everything works. Or if you don't want to spend the extra money I can give you the info on how to get everything working without the relocator. My advice is getting the pump tuned in 500cc plus so you'll never be lacking fuel an afc will be your best freind when tuning these pumps. I don't have one so it's all or nothing right now for me.

The overfueled Set up I'm running now is 175 pump never bench tuned gutted afc no plate laser cuts 4kgpk .093" lines and tubes ddp250's, timing @18deg. wheel fulll forward with a 55psi fass @180gph running a 64/71/14. I making about 46-48 lbs. never clearing up the smoke!! I have to get more air in there. I don't plan on pulling so twins is in my near future. Sorry I didn't take any pics when doing my swap but there is plenty on here check them out thet can be really helpful I learned somethings that would have made the swap easier but I didn't even know about this site when I done my swap. Good luck man. If I can be of any futher help pm me and I will post more on this forum. By the way Rods just done the conversion as well. Just like everyone else that has he says he loves it.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Lee-
is your truck daily driven?

just curious

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
GOT-Torque

Name: GOT-Torque
Title: is
Member`s Gallery
Just curious where to mount the ECM for those that kept it? I'm thinking of making a bracket to hold it directly above the frame rail...

I've got lots of pics and part numbers... Hope to have my swap done by this weekend... Can hardly wait

EATSOOT.com

Old 07-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Wow I was hoping we could get a forum I need to take pics myself , I used alot of my 24v stuff and it turned out really clean

I used my 24v throttle bracket cable and my fuel lines , I did have to strecth the return line but it worked , for you TJ u just need the CPS adaptor witch was very easy to do other than that its just bolting the stuff on . One I done was the guy timed the pump @ 25 so when I got home I the engine at TDC marked the shaft on the pump and put it in TQ it down and made sure it didnt move so far so good I think it may need more or less I dunno for sure but its smooth and egts are 1200 with water but thats only 40lbs

Now tuning is the big key today I finaly got on the truck and its only pushing 40 psi with the VP is was close to 60 , so I have a lot to learn ,,my timing is 25deg 7x14 injectors the pump I was told is around 550CC + its 215 tuned by a pump shop but there are a few thing I'm going to do to the pump befor I start changing injectors and such

I left my ecu hanging on the side pushed back a little

Old 07-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Jim Fulmer

Name: Jim Fulmer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT-Torque View Post
Just curious where to mount the ECM for those that kept it? I'm thinking of making a bracket to hold it directly above the frame rail...

I've got lots of pics and part numbers... Hope to have my swap done by this weekend... Can hardly wait
That's were mine is at, looked fine there and it was out of the way.

Jim

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
I made flat stock bar come straight down off the inner master cylinder stud, it T'd into another that bolted to the ECM. I welded a small piece to it that bolted to the shock mount to stiffen it up.

When I get done eating Ill take some pics, anything else in particular?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
lee01dg

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
Lee-
is your truck daily driven?

just curious

Yeah its daily driven I tow and do almost anything I want. Egt's around 900 normal driving, 1100-1200 wot, thermocouple is in exh. housing though. I have been told told to add 400-500deg when thermocouple is in exh. housing. Is this accurate? I'm going to move it to the manifold when I do twins., along with a drive pressure gauge so I can tune the chargers. I'm thinking of running a s400 as a primary what do you guys think? Something with a 80ish mm comp. wheel. I want a bottom charger that will support 700-800 hp. Thanks Lee

Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
lee01dg

Member`s Gallery
As far as ECM placement I believe I just moved mine back towards the driver and used one of the existing bolt holes and hell I can't remember anyways it's not too hard to figure out.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
My ECM is sitting right behind the pump and against the fire wall. It is a clean set up, but kinda gets in the way when I need to get into the back of the pump! Here is the only pic I have.....

Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
roachie

Member`s Gallery
One of how you make the stock throttle cable work

One of the oil line to the pump

Two of the ECM bracket.

Last edited by roachie; 07-21-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: pictures de-tatched

Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
Oh, forgot my set up.

160 pump
100 plate
Full Cut DV's
4k gsk (in a bag right now)
.120 fuel lines
.93 connector tubes
7x14 injectors
HTT Pro Street 71mm turbo
Custom SS intake horn (super sweet and cheaper than anything else!)
studs, afe, blah blah blah, not important.

In the process from taking my pump from sucksville (stock) to flowing 500cc's were it needs to be! But atleast it does this now!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
roachie

Member`s Gallery
Try the pics for the 4TH TIME

Stupid satellite internet. Ill have to load them tomorrow when the clouds move

275RV's at 300BAR
laser cuts
4K GSK
afc spring
Silver bullet
Holley blue pump pushing to a tsock 12V lift pump
Helix 2 cam

My pyro has Kissed the 1600 peg many times.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #14
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
my set up is slowly coming together.

180 pump will be sent out to have 5ks, DV's, rack mods etc. and calibrated on a bench to about 550cc

diesel pros cam

gonna try to keep my J62 24v injectors and just have DDP lower the pop on them.

for right now im gonna stick with my 2.6 silver bullet because a new turbo isnt gonna be in the budget after the pump, but eventually it will get a custom 2.6 that flows alot more.

if all goes as planned i will start tearing it down in late september after the pulling season is over, sell off all the 24v stuff, and start swapping, and if all goes as planned ill have it ready to fire around new years that way i have a few months to tune it and get it ready.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
RonA

Name: RonA
Member`s Gallery
ecm's. I don't need no stinkin ecm's.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #16
lee01dg

Member`s Gallery
Once you have all your parts together the swap will not be that bad, I do not consider myself an experienced mechanic but I have turned a few bolts before. I done the swap in two days and that was only because I had to wait to get it timed. Another little thing to consider if I would have known better the first time I would of had a pump shop time my pump first then slapped it on a TDC and saved my self some time. If you're gonna be changing it around a whole lot then you might want to look at marking you're balancer and using you own timing mark there is a thread on here that explains how to do it this way I really have never messed with it myself my timing doesn't get changed that often.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
ILLINOISRAM

Name: ILLINOISRAM
Title: INLINE INSANITY
Member`s Gallery
I bought the ATI damper and it allready has TDC and 360 degree marks on it. With the head off and a dial indicator, found the piston tdc float and split that in half to have true tdc. Now all i have to do is bolt a pointer on that lines up with the tdc line on the damper. My pump is set internally at 25* for starters but was told to probably be 30 to 32* for the rpms the pump is capable of. This way we could actually go in 1* increments if we want to. We did the plunger lift method on my brothers truck shootin for 22-24 and ended up at 27. What a pain in the as* that was. I would be glad to put pictures up if i knew how. Tim

Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #18
lee01dg

Member`s Gallery
Yeah what he said^ great idea!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
Tcolesanti

Name: Tcolesanti
Title: ALL NIGHTER
Member`s Gallery
ECM???? What ECM???

-Tom

https://www.facebook.com/AllNighterMotorports

Old 07-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #20
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Heres mine still need to touch some things up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010321.JPG (59.2 KB, 195 views)

Closed Thread