'94 short wheel base 2wd street/race truck build

Is that a manual willwood master cylinder? Been looking into doing something with mine. If it is do you happen to remeber which one you used and how hard it was like any adapters or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a manual willwood master cylinder? Been looking into doing something with mine. If it is do you happen to remeber which one you used and how hard it was like any adapters or anything.

Yes wilwood part # 261-13270. I removed and re-did the entire stock firewall, in part because I had to move my pedals 3.5" to the left because I had interference with inj pump and accelerator pedal. You might have to patch your firewall and add new holes for it. I haven't driven the truck yet, but if braking is very difficult I will adjust the pedal ratio. I shortened and used the stock rod from the pedal to the piston.

Yes wilwood part # 261-13270. I removed and re-did the entire stock firewall, in part because I had to move my pedals 3.5" to the left because I had interference with inj pump and accelerator pedal. You might have to patch your firewall and add new holes for it. I haven't driven the truck yet, but if braking is very difficult I will adjust the pedal ratio. I shortened and used the stock rod from the pedal to the piston.

Alright man thanks. I rigged up the stock one to run as manual. I haven’t tested it yet. I feel like it’s gonna be a bit to aggressive but will have to see.

I could steer it lock to lock sitting still on concrete with his big temporary front tires on it. I'm sure the engine setback weight had alot to do with that, but still impressed with the rack steering setup.

No power steering needed.

That engine set back is phucking sick! :evil

Everyone acknowledges these trucks have a weight problem when it comes to racing...but they have an even bigger weight distribution problem. I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I am hoping for much improved 60' and better handling and traction the whole way down the track. At full weight before any reduction my scsb truck had 75%F/25%R weight distribution. Before the engine setback I had it to 66%F/33%R. The goal now is I can move fuel cell/battery around and get close to a 50/50 or whatever works out best.

and you can still shed some weight with a hole saw if you are not building a tubular front core support .......

and you can still shed some weight with a hole saw if you are not building a tubular front core support .......

Definitely a lot more weight that can be cut. Still has steel rims, drum brakes, full bed, could remove rear crossmembers and put chromoly tube instead. I also still have a big trailer hitch on it!

Definitely a lot more weight that can be cut. Still has steel rims, drum brakes, full bed, could remove rear crossmembers and put chromoly tube instead. I also still have a big trailer hitch on it!

:hehe: mine has a hitch too. Although she's quite a bit larger.

Update: Went and did my ring seat/finished engine break in on a loaded dyno. 5 pulls at 370cc of fuel and 28* timing. Engine spun quick up to 5100 rpm on the final run, stopped around 4500-4600 on the first 4 pulls. I noticed looking at the datalogger that my airdog 165 got pulled down to 14psi by 4000rpm, so a change there is in order. I'm a bit disappointed that the airdog couldnt even support ~640hp without losing most of it's pressure. Also of note is my stock engine on this same fuel setting made ~550hp, pretty good gain from the pistons/cam/head porting. Bunch of odds and ends to tie up. Excited to start track testing soon.

Update: Went and did my ring seat/finished engine break in on a loaded dyno. 5 pulls at 370cc of fuel and 28* timing. Engine spun quick up to 5100 rpm on the final run, stopped around 4500-4600 on the first 4 pulls. I noticed looking at the datalogger that my airdog 165 got pulled down to 14psi by 4000rpm, so a change there is in order. I'm a bit disappointed that the airdog couldnt even support ~640hp without losing most of it's pressure. Also of note is my stock engine on this same fuel setting made ~550hp, pretty good gain from the pistons/cam/head porting. Bunch of odds and ends to tie up. Excited to start track testing soon.

Dang I figured for sure a 165 should be capable of 750 Atleast. I was gonna run dual 150 pumps but I’m considering trying out power drivens new belt driven deal. I’m hoping to start testing with mine aswell soon.

Also. You don’t think that 62 you have is limiting you do you? Most with the fuel you have I see are 66-69 paired with the 88

Also. You don’t think that 62 you have is limiting you do you? Most with the fuel you have I see are 66-69 paired with the 88

I'm sure it will be a limiting factor eventually, but probably will be limited by the T3 manifold and .7 housing on the manifold turbo first.

Dang I figured for sure a 165 should be capable of 750 Atleast. I was gonna run dual 150 pumps but I’m considering trying out power drivens new belt driven deal. I’m hoping to start testing with mine aswell soon.

I'm sure it could support more hp, but not with good fuel pressure.

Back