Dually to single wheel swap

thegoodman97

i was wondering if you could take a regular cab dually and take the bed off and put a srw bed on it and just change out the wheels for a set of srw's.

Yes you can but your DRW80 is going to stick out a little wider than the front, you would really want to find a SRW80 and swap them if you want everything to align correctly.

Also feel free to use the search feature and it will show you a few threads where this was discussed.

3/4 ton manual trans trucks have 1 ton axles

They both have dana 80 axles. If you are saying 1 ton dodge axles (2nd gen) then you are talking about a dually axle that is 2" wider than a 3/4 ton axle. Unless it is a cab and chassis dually axle, which is narrower.

There is plenty of discussion about this on here if you look around.

o cuz im lookin at buyin a truck and it wud be nice to have the 1 ton specs that look like a 3/4 ton

They both have dana 80 axles. If you are saying 1 ton dodge axles (2nd gen) then you are talking about a dually axle that is 2" wider than a 3/4 ton axle. Unless it is a cab and chassis dually axle, which is narrower.

There is plenty of discussion about this on here if you look around.

I took it as he wants 1 ton axles under a 3/4 ton.

97crewcab has it. i pretty much want the towing and hauling capacity of a 1 ton in 3/4. and reason i wana have a dually is just in case i need it for big stuff but i dont want the pain in the ass with the dually all the time.

ok now i gota question about gears. i saw a truck for sale on here and it said it had 3.07 gears from the auto trans but now it has a 5spd. it was a 1st gen. would 3.07s be ok for mpgs and towing in a 2nd gen with a 5 or 6spd trans?

Mine was a dually, and I did exactly what your talking about. Remove spacers from front, add normal bed, works just fine, nobody can tell. I have 4:10's and I hate them. I would LOVE to have 3.07's for MPG. Not the best for towing though.

pict1773.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back