Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Well.......N14 doesn’t have the power potential of the ISX, but neither do they seem to be as failure prone.

My 02 Western Star with a 525/1850 Celect Plus held up very well.

Shoulda held out for a Driptroit. :rolleyes:

Block fretting, leaks, antique backwards turbo, low power, expensive to fix and not fun to work on. Had one in a 1994 KW and not a fan. However it is a smarter fuel system than the early ISX but it’s just an electric BigCam so the same issues with them apply to the N14. The Celect+ ecm is only slightly smarter than a 1980’s VCR. Running a Cyl cutout is so slow it’s almost impossible to narrow a miss down with it.

If you have an older truck with one great but to intentionally put one in a newer truck you need your head examined.

Block fretting, leaks, antique backwards turbo, low power, expensive to fix and not fun to work on. Had one in a 1994 KW and not a fan. However it is a smarter fuel system than the early ISX but it’s just an electric BigCam so the same issues with them apply to the N14. The Celect+ ecm is only slightly smarter than a 1980’s VCR. Running a Cyl cutout is so slow it’s almost impossible to narrow a miss down with it.

If you have an older truck with one great but to intentionally put one in a newer truck you need your head examined.

Even tho mine held up fine, I’d definitely agree with this.

They sure seem to have a rabid following, I definitely wasnt impressed with the few I've been around. I guess the isx's tendency to chuck parts out the side makes them look pretty solid in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pic thread. Has as many good teeth as RigWrench’s entire county.
e59961e1fb1381880753fd08775097ec.jpg

Quick question for you guys....wr have a chance to get our 1995 Pete back that we bought brand new. It was a 3406E, but I don't know the serial number prefix. Pretty sure it was a 415 or 435hp. I know hard parts limit the old girl to probably 475hp most likely, but is there anything on the electronic side that is a major limit to power? Can the old 40 pin system run like the newer stuff?

It's going to be a spare for us, more of a toy than a workhorse, but we like power, so we'll have to do something with it.

Didn't want to bother Faulkner directly, so I figured I'd put it here to start.

Chris

Back