Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #41
Rob D

Name: Rob D
Title: Get R' Done
Member`s Gallery
I asked Dennis from ITP to chime in here....hopefully we'll hear something from him
New truck: 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4, nv5600, 4:10 gears, 55 Block, Southbend dd3600 clutch with upgrd hydros, Fass 150hd, SO VP44, 4" Silverline ss Exhaust, 6x.013 SAC Weston Shupe injectors, 64/71 BD Super B Special, CPP #110 valve springs, EJWA, S&B intake, 35" tires

Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #42
MOMBENZ

Name: MOMBENZ
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Without going into a 1000 explanations which I'm not DJ, so I wouldn't be able to do, can you name any trucks that are going unreasonably fast with the crossover line installed?

Look at Tony, Tints N More. He has a 2003 4x2 F350 Dually and he was beating F250 4x4 trucks at Moroso and Countyline with just a Looney tune and our FUEL+.

Just because "everybody" says it, doesn't mean it's true.

The latest that "everybody" says is you need a bigger fuel pump to go fast. Bryan (First On Race Day) runs the factory pump and he's going fast. Mini Me ran a factory pump. Your going on opinions because one person said you need a crossover line and then started to sell it, from there others followed suit. Do you need it? No. Does it work better? No.

I'd love to hear proven examples at how the crossover line helps.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #43
Mooring Product

Name: Mooring Product
Title: I just don't care
Member`s Gallery
Are you referring to me young lady?? Tony ran me and beat me but with NOS.

2012 3500 Mega Dually Laramie loaded 3:73

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

[url]www.mooringproductsworldwide.com[url]

Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #44
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Hi Pete,

I wasn't referring to you but I thought I'd let you know that when Tony ran you, he wasn't running nos. What are the last 4 digits of your social security number? Yami has timeslips for all of Tony's runs and we can positively show you since he runs 13.6 on nitrous. Yami has the nos slips too. She's a good wife

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #45
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Adam, no I am not running the ITP kit. FOr the Ranger I have a complete FASS system, and the kit that was on Richards old motor I bought. I have DJ's system, and was one of the first, and I would like to think my truck runs strong. Its gonna hit the Dyno in Bowling green, so we are gonna find out.

Here is a pic vivian:

Click the image to open in full size.

many more in my gallery about half way back. One line is missing here as I had already put it on.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #46
Mooring Product

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMBENZ View Post
Hi Pete,

I wasn't referring to you but I thought I'd let you know that when Tony ran you, he wasn't running nos. What are the last 4 digits of your social security number? Yami has timeslips for all of Tony's runs and we can positively show you since he runs 13.6 on nitrous. Yami has the nos slips too. She's a good wife

Thanks,
Vivian
I believe he ran a 13.89 and he was on NOS. Thats when he wrote on his side window the "Priceless" quote.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #47
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Hi Pete,

He did run a 13.89 on nos as his last run because DJ fixed it for him but his fogger was messed up so he wasn't running the nos, when he ran you. His best on nitrous is 13.6. He runs on fuel 14.05 to 14.19. What do you run on fuel?

Yami has all the timeslips. Send me a PM with the last 4-digits of your social security number and I will prove it to you.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #48
Rob D

Member`s Gallery
ITP's kit isn't even a crossover line kit...maybe this thread got a little off track...but it is not accurately describing Dennis's product and I wanted to clarify that...

"Also, my kit is not a "crossover line"...which is just a simple line that connects the rear heads together. Mine is a full RR kit that ties the rear ports into the regulator, regulates the fuel pressure after the heads and provides full fuel flow through the heads through larger fuel lines and better flowing fitting."
New truck: 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4, nv5600, 4:10 gears, 55 Block, Southbend dd3600 clutch with upgrd hydros, Fass 150hd, SO VP44, 4" Silverline ss Exhaust, 6x.013 SAC Weston Shupe injectors, 64/71 BD Super B Special, CPP #110 valve springs, EJWA, S&B intake, 35" tires

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #49
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Good Morning,

I hope everyone is on their way to a beautiful Wednesday!

Hey Rob,

I'm curious to know why you believe the crossover line completes the system? Why is it necessary? What is the crossover intended to accomplish?

I'm not picking on you. You know we're friends. Not only you, anyone who can give some input about what moving the fuel from one side to the other is intended to do and how you know it gives the best benefit. Who can attest to it with examples?

Thanks,
Vivian
Im at work and really cant go too much in to detail until tonight. Theu fuel tends to dead ends at the back of the heads. The x-over line tends to move the volume of fuel futher back and balances the pressure amongst the heads.

Actually what should happen is the lines in the back of the head should y- together then go to a regulator so you can have a true regulalted return . I believe Elite has this type of system. This is the proper return

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #50
Mooring Product

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Hi Pete,

He did run a 13.89 on nos as his last run because DJ fixed it for him but his fogger was messed up so he wasn't running the nos, when he ran you. His best on nitrous is 13.6. He runs on fuel 14.05 to 14.19. What do you run on fuel?

Yami has all the timeslips. Send me a PM with the last 4-digits of your social security number and I will prove it to you.

Thanks,
Vivian
My best run on fuel is 14.10.
I believe this was the NHRDA run so it would be 4183. My NHRDA #. No need to prove it, please don't waist your time looking this up. Tony's truck does move out. 4.10 gears always get going at the end of the track.

Hope to see you this weekend.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #51
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
ITP's kit isn't even a crossover line kit...maybe this thread got a little off track...but it is not accurately describing Dennis's product and I wanted to clarify that...

"Also, my kit is not a "crossover line"...which is just a simple line that connects the rear heads together. Mine is a full RR kit that ties the rear ports into the regulator, regulates the fuel pressure after the heads and provides full fuel flow through the heads through larger fuel lines and better flowing fitting."

It's the same principle - going behind the heads. The truck that dynoed in Baton Rouge had a system that went behind the heads, not a crossover line.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #52
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooring Product View Post
My best run on fuel is 14.10.
I believe this was the NHRDA run so it would be 4183. My NHRDA #. No need to prove it, please don't waist your time looking this up. Tony's truck does move out. 4.10 gears always get going at the end of the track.

Hope to see you this weekend.
In reality Tony has a disadvantage because he has 4.10 gears that tends to die at the end of the track. Whereas you have 3.73 and can launch on boost.

It's not a problem. Yami has all the timeslips in order, so she would only have to scan it.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #53
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robts View Post
Im at work and really cant go too much in to detail until tonight. Theu fuel tends to dead ends at the back of the heads. The x-over line tends to move the volume of fuel futher back and balances the pressure amongst the heads.

Actually what should happen is the lines in the back of the head should y- together then go to a regulator so you can have a true regulalted return . I believe Elite has this type of system. This is the proper return
Has anyone ever taken apart the heads in a 6.0L and looked at them? Or does everyone ass-u-me they are like the 7.3?

What proof do you have that a system that goes behind the heads works better than a system that references boost. They are both regulated returns.

We can talk later. I know what you mean about having to work

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #54
Rob D

Member`s Gallery
This thread is driving me crazy...too many reputable people with differing opinions...I just want to spend some $ and get the parts ordered!

Old 04-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #55
nummit

Name: nummit
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
This thread is driving me crazy...too many reputable people with differing opinions...I just want to spend some $ and get the parts ordered!
That's where your decision making ability comes in
IMO, since you are happy with the service you get from DJ and Vivian just go with their kit and add a crossover line if you think its necessary.
Problem solved

Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #56
MOMBENZ

Member`s Gallery
Here are recent pictures of our system. I had posted on another forum a while ago.

Installation takes about 2 hours. It references boost and you increase 1 lb. of fuel pressure per lb. of boost at WOT. We tested for a little over one year, first introduced it about 3 years ago by installation only. We started selling them online about 1 1/2 years ago.

Rob, I'm not trying to sell you a kit. Please feel free to purchase wherever you like. Actually, I thought you had already bought. I just didn't agree with some of the posts and wanted to state my experience.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. I was going to add the pictures but it's not working. Give me a couple of minutes

P.S.S. Sorry, I can't get the picture bigger cause then it looks blurry. I pulled it out of a post and it was meant to be bigger when you clicked on it but the size showing is the size it looks in the post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUEL+ Aeroquip.jpg (3.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg FUEL+ Steel Braided.jpg (3.3 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by MOMBENZ; 04-16-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Oops!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #57
WAO Racing

Name: WAO Racing
Title: Get Smoked
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone ever taken apart the heads in a 6.0L and looked at them? Thanks,
Vivian
pick me, pick me! :O: they are the most stupidiest design that i've seen when i looked into the fuel rail. Starts big then gets small then big then small all the way threw the head and it's small at every injector. Now so with that said for everyone else think on that. I've put together my own system for one reason $$$ when the Good lines only cost me $100 to put together and then the cost of the regulator which is the same one that is now used in DJ's kit. My lines come out the back of the heads and go to the regulator just like ITP's kit and you want to know the out come of how it worked? Well It was the same as a Truely and completely stock fuel system no matter where the fuel psi was set. I had numerous passes on it like that too and it slowed me down over all and I've talked to DJ before, during, and after about it. So in all honesty I slowed the truck down with it setup up just like you all you other guys are saying is better and the right way this and that. So then I've messed around here and there with this and that. And Dj telling me to try this and that here and there and after messing with it enough I mannaged to pick up 2MPH in the 1/4mi over the best run ever on fuel alone with the exact same ET as my other best ET. So the things that was changed obviously made the difference. And sorry I cant share ALL THE SIMPLE AND EASY FOUND HP SECRETS.....But i will say this about it, DJ does know what works!
RFPR
Zex

Gone but not forgotten, may you rest in peace my friend!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #58
darsey715

Name: darsey715
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
so the moral of that story is to not make your own fuel system? or that dj's stuff works? lol just messin'

Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #59
Rob D

Member`s Gallery
Djs kit is ordered....spoke with him on the phone today...

Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #60
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone ever taken apart the heads in a 6.0L and looked at them?
I have more than once in fact....Im taking a 6.0 apart as we speak. I will take some pictures.

For instance....There is a line bore than runs down the deads and are PLUGGED IN THE BACK..This means they dead end at the back of the heads.

Trust me...Im not one to give praise to Elite by no means, but they have a true regulated return system. Tadd has figured it out and knows. .....

well who else has taken apart 6oh heads out there. Josh....Please jump in. We need your input ....I know you have

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Closed Thread