Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #41
powerstroke113

Name: powerstroke113
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
i have a friend w/ 275's and the insanity turbo. Thats a HUGE turbo. Better call suncoast and get a higher stall convertor. That will be the ONLY way to spool that charger from a launch. Now if your cruising down the road you might be able to lite the charger if you ease into the throotle and build boost slowly. Do you have the complete fuel system with a new lift pump? .....because that will be needed. That turbo is way to be big for the street.

1,069 HP 1,764 Ft-LBS
10.55 @ 129 MPH

Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #42
xcablb7

Name: xcablb7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
according to elit's site the insanity isn't much bigger than an ats a5k, mine drives fine but i think the injectors are too big for the hpop system, the customer has more money than he knows what to do with, he is already building a complete motor to be installed next season and doesn't care if he can only drive this truck once in a while, it has a fass pump and complete return system

Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #43
hpprose

Name: hpprose
Title: In the Dark
Member`s Gallery
talk to Bob Riley at the dieselsite.com. He has a modified HPOP that will work for your customer. I believe Elite sells it aswell.

My life is like my license plate.

Everything is right side up, but feels upside down.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #44
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Chad, when I talked to Bob in Steele, he was telling me that they were still having some issues with it dropping off at higher RPM's with larger injectors. Do you know if he has solved that problem yet?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #45
06TWO50Diesel

Name: 06TWO50Diesel
Title: kinda goin somewhere fast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubeowner View Post
I have read the this post a couple of times and just can't figure out what soot is. Do you mean lawsuit?

I also don't follow the the bolded part either.

Not trying to be an ass I just don't understand your post, sorry.
well... soot- coal, ash, black smoke. soot. haha
I'll explain what I mean too... on the injectors, Elite uses a newer nozzle to size their injectors. I'm thinking that even though it is a 225cc Injector in "name" and what I ordered were 225cc injectors, it is flowing fuel like a 275cc injector would because the nozzle end has more of an opening than would be needed. That's all I was saying.

sorry for my post being a bit bland if it was.

Crew Cab Short Bed
Click the image to open in full size.
613rwhp on FUEL ONLY!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #46
Abrannan19

Name: Abrannan19
Title: NOBAMA 09-12
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
Chad, when I talked to Bob in Steele, he was telling me that they were still having some issues with it dropping off at higher RPM's with larger injectors. Do you know if he has solved that problem yet?
yep..talked with Bob in Gainesville this past Saturday..said they still have some issues..my buddy has Cass's 250's and the stock HPOP and it cannot keep up with them at all.

I would say with 295's and the stock HPOP it will be a no go..

visit us @ www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com
Email: Abrannan19@aol.com
Phone: (904)-813-5067

Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
Well, looks like I will still have to wait a while then.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #48
hpprose

Member`s Gallery
Last time I talked to Bob, he mentioned that they are having problems keeping up with the 430's but it would hold at the lower cc'ed injectors. I don't remember what mark he said.

He had, also, mentioned that because of the limited space, that is probably going to be the best pump possible without doing a remote mount or twin pump setup.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #49
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
I am not opposed to a remote mount, if I could find a system that could supply the pressure I need, that would be an option, there just doesn't seem to be anyone out there, nor anything in development at the moment.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #50
Abrannan19

Member`s Gallery
tim..aren't you gonna run 275's?

the one that Bob will offer will probably be more the sufficient for that.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #51
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
No Adam, and you'll have to talk to Cass about the size. He told me, I will have a "HUGE" set of injectors.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #52
lubeowner

Name: lubeowner
Member`s Gallery
Why don't you just buy a 7.3 twin pump and bolt it on as a belt driven unit? Then I would think you could just get rid of the whole stock pump. Think how much room you would have for a big turbo if you moved that pump.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #53
SoGrand

Name: SoGrand
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
It sounds like you are running out of high pressure oil like others have said. Mine ran the same way with 295 injectors in it with Bobs pump. I am running high birds in my truck right now to maintain oil pressure. Since i have got it back i have put on almost 13,000 miles on it 8 truck pulls 2 dyno events and dragged raced it 3 times and pulled many loads with it. I can not be happier with my truck. Yes my truck is going back to Elite this winter to get twin HPOP's on it with the injectors i originally purchased. Sorry to hear about your problems. Lubeowner is correct that pipe on the other guy's twins is a updated one to maintain the stock bottle for antifreeze. The twin kits have a sequence order to bolting up so everything fits. With my setup and 4:30 gears i am still getting 18mpg hand calculated.

Dan

Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #54
hpprose

Member`s Gallery
Twin HPOP's

Where are they going to be mounted SoGrand?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #55
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
how is your part throttle drivability ? this thing sucks !!! with erics tune or any other it just poors smoke out !! i've beeen tuning it with sct pro race for about 6 hrs now got it going good no breaking up but i think the converter is way to tight to let it spool it's an ats stalling @ 1600

Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #56
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcablb7 View Post
I put elite 255 inj, return regulated fuel system and an insanity turbo on my friends truck it now soots like crazy, won't spool, and egt's are @ 1600. also it cranks forever before it starts. i couldn't get in touch with elite to get a tune for the sct, but it's like that with any tune or any level of the banks six gun
Probably banks problems. Although seeing one of their trucks run 35 seconds in the 1/4 mile....maybe both congrats elite youve made another POS

Old 08-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #57
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
took the six gun out of the truck still the same

Old 08-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #58
Fast-6.0

Name: Fast-6.0
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Boy, haven't been on the forums for awhile. Well I looked into this and I assume that you must be Samson's truck. You purchased the 295's and our insanity turbo. The pieces purchased definitely require other mods to make it all work. The 295's will require a better high pressure pump and the turbo will require a stage 2 converter. These items are listed right in the descriptions on the website, not like we hid this information so you wouldn't know what you needed to make it a complete combo. The A5K is not the same turbo, has a smaller turbine and when put on a 6.0 is even worse. The A5K on a 6.0 requires a 2500 stall.

Also I jumped everyone here about not helping you and no one has taken a call or message from anyone at Samson's truck. There was a message from a guy all pissed off that we didn't answer the phone to help him and then he didn't leave a message, is that you? How can we help a customer if he won't leave a message with a number? Believe me someone will get there A$$ ripped if they took a message and didn't help you but from what I have gathered you must not have left a message.

As far as the truck with compounds, Walt Barker, we have been in contact with his shop and we are helping him.

As most people on here know, when you try to piece a kit together there is a learning curve, that is why we tell you what pieces you need to make it work. If you don't use those pieces then don't expect the performance. If the truck will only stall to 1600 then you are over a 1000 rpm shy. I have put some many converters in my truck trying to get it right, then I found the one that works and we offer it. Using a converter other than what we recommend obviously wont give the same results.

I can be reached at 719-647-0232 ext 7 if you'd like to call me.

Tadd

Elite Diesel Engineering

Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #59
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
just got off the phone with tadd he cleared up quite a few issues i had with elite diesel, he's sending me some tunes and is working on some upgades for the hpop system and will call me as soon as it's ready for release. new converter will be here this week and we'll see how it goes. at least i'm starting to get some answers

Old 08-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #60
Abrannan19

Member`s Gallery
good to hear things are getting lined out.

HPOP and stall will probably help ALOT

Closed Thread