Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #121
iracemx6

Name: iracemx6
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Got my 200's from Cass and it starts and runs fine from the time it cranks!!!
Fuel System by LIPD
Magnaflow exhaust
Zex-Nos
200cc Sticks from Casserly

Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #122
Igotit

Name: Igotit
Title: Keep On Truckin'
Member`s Gallery
I have some stuff from elite and it is all good product. I think they have the best injectors out there and There fuel system works very well. I have elite 430's and they are really low on icp. they spike near 2000 rpm's and fall off fast.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #123
SinCityDiesel

Name: SinCityDiesel
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
i remember when i first put the 175's in my truck, it was the first time that it actually idled SMOOTH. it was so smooth you almost couldn't tell it was running while sitting in it except for the sound... the stockers weren't even smooth...
so i am definitely going to put it under the knife one more time. one last hail mary and it's going to get new heads/gaskets/injectors and then i'm closing the book for the 6.0. if it gives me any more problems after this i'm going to consider going the 5.9 route.
200's
minor motor work.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #124
xcablb7

Name: xcablb7
Member`s Gallery
the truck is getting 205's for now, the customer wants a driveable truck, so a twin turbo common rail 5.9 will be going in for next year

Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #125
Rave

Name: Rave
Title: twisted diesel
Member`s Gallery
wow all these truck problems,I thought mine was bad,I have cam,insanity turbo,340 injectors,fuel system,ported heads,ported intake,ported manifolds,pump gears,speerco intercooler,2800 stall converter.My truck still idles perfect and runs good the charger lites and rips my only complaint is hpop,we have to keep fuel pulse width verey low to maintain oil pressure so im looking for the second oil pump too.I have to say out of the hole truck the trans is most of my problem it hates what im doing to it and three times going in it and it still just cant hang.but all in all im happy and I drive mine on the street it just takes some geting used too,at 45mph and roll in to the throttle to 15lbs and floor it its all over the road and the revlimiter I just bent another push rod last night,any way good luk guys if you have any questions let me know Ill try to help in any way,and if you know what i can do with this trans do tell.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #126
SinCityDiesel

Name: SinCityDiesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
wow all these truck problems,I thought mine was bad,I have cam,insanity turbo,340 injectors,fuel system,ported heads,ported intake,ported manifolds,pump gears,speerco intercooler,2800 stall converter.My truck still idles perfect and runs good the charger lites and rips my only complaint is hpop,we have to keep fuel pulse width verey low to maintain oil pressure so im looking for the second oil pump too.I have to say out of the hole truck the trans is most of my problem it hates what im doing to it and three times going in it and it still just cant hang.but all in all im happy and I drive mine on the street it just takes some geting used too,at 45mph and roll in to the throttle to 15lbs and floor it its all over the road and the revlimiter I just bent another push rod last night,any way good luk guys if you have any questions let me know Ill try to help in any way,and if you know what i can do with this trans do tell.
yeah i've gone thru about 4 trannies already myself, and been thru several converters, from 1800 up to wellover 3000rpm stall..
current setup seems to be pretty much working well for me now. i'm using a basically stock stall speed , with the billet face, multi disc yada yada yada, and the current tranny seems to be holding the power. it's the equivalent of what you'd get with a full suncoast build, the alto red eagle frictions, and the kolene steels, they are the black steels that have been heat treated. i was running a high stall converter like yours to get my large turbine to spool with the 175's, but now with the 200cc sticks the stock stall spools fine with the extra fuel, except that i now have a bad injector or two the truck has been misfiring real bad.

if i had to do it all over again, i'd just drop the dough and go with a john wood tranny i've heard nothing but good things about those .
200's
minor motor work.

Closed Thread