upgraded ecm for the vp's!

MCForstenRacing

1/4 miles
So I know it has been done before. We need an ecm that will fuel to 3500 plus! Im not talking about a redline or a box we need the real deal. I no of one company that told me they can do it but were to busy to build it. So all you computer gurus and company owners lets get the ball rolling if its possible people will buy it! I no just about every guy running a vp in competition would be interested in it!

What do you guys think

I would like it if it were tunable with real numbers.

I.E. max timing to 25*, not just a damn number, same for duration, and fueling curve vs boost.

Greg Houge is already working on this program, should be out very soon. Bosch asked for him by name and are glad to have him on board. They were shocked to learn he's the fastest and smartest diesel enthusiast and racer around. Their jaws hit the floor when they realized who the were standing in front of COULD IT BE?!!!!!! Yes!!!! The mighty Greg roared as it was coming from a thunder storm beyond the clouds! "It is me................."

They crumbled to their knees when the light hit his face.

The.......Diesel.......God!

And I have returned for thee, no one will be left behind if you only bow down and call me your savior.

"As it is written, so it shall be done" - Greg Houge

Last edited:
Negative on the smarty like roachie said we need to real numbers. And get rid of the fuel cutoff at 2800.
That was actually my point...

What ever happened to TNT/R for the VP crowd? It sure looks like Marco has the knowledge to give yall what you want. Just a matter of delivering the software...

Did he ever finish? After one of the hurricanes came through he abandoned the project and never finished.

The reason nobody has done it is because the vp44 has a internal limit of 24* max timing. No way around it. Even if we could launch at 5k rpm, we are still gonna drop below 3700rpm. Chip is tired of talking to me. LOL

Who says it has to actually be at 24*....

Think of what fun it would be if we physically advanced the cam gear to say....minimum of 18. Then be able to really control the damn thing.

What can be done with mechanical timing, other than the obvious?

I tried that too. Since the vp is limited to 24*, it can't make up for moving the gear. You lose all bottom end timing & truck runs like a dog. Almost undriveable. My truck still wouldn't rev no higher even at 10* advanced. That part was ecm related though. Either way, truck won't be fun on the street.

If the ecm will notice when you move the pump gear. You have to move the cam gear with it.

You can advance the cam gear and retard the cam or just run both advanced.

Back