Lift pump

smoken02

I have an a1000 I will use for a lift pump with my p-pump swap. Does the p-pump still use the short prime just before the truck starts or does it need to run constant while cranking the engine?

Mine does the short half second run when you first key on, never had any starting issues. My truck will actually run for atleast 2 minutes without any lift pump. Only did that couple times when I first did the conversion.

Mine seems b!tch second when you first crank it. After it has sat for a day or two. My Blue pump is hooked to a toggle switch and then it goes to the stock 12V lift pump.

Ok, Ill clear it up. The truck starts better if it has some fuel going to it before it starts. If its warm outside mine will start with just bumping the starter. No prime needed. I would wire that A1000 to the power wire for the factory lift pump, just put it on a relay. Mine does like to be primed when its cold though.

The 12v's have no pre-start prime so it isnt absolutely needed.

My FASS is wired like it was for the 24v set up. I actually swapped out my old 15psi one for the 45 psi one. I don't know what your plans are for the truck, but I left all the electrical intact except the VP and APPS, so the lift pump runs just like it did with the stock 24v system.

Back