rear end support ?

Wow, and I thought I was getting in over my head:hehe: What about pinion angle? Thank you for all the great pics!

Pinion angle was the last thing. The axle was just tacked to the flanges. Once I had the drive shaft I cut the tacks and set the pinion angle and welded it in.

did you narrow the axle? It all turned out great. What class are you running? No bed floor but still a 1 ton rearend, I'm confused...

I new that was coming.
We run a RWB class single turbo 1ton drive train and safety rules and some other stuff. But I am getting my truck set up to run 3.0 eventually. Its set at 158in wheel base.
Rear has not been narrowed but I widened my rims and don't run rear brakes. I'll post a picture in a minute of the rims.

10inch wide dually rims

IMG_20131209_122442_412_zpsflyucrox.jpg

IMG_20131209_125147_543_zpswip1zx7u.jpg

I new that was coming.
We run a RWB class single turbo 1ton drive train and safety rules and some other stuff. But I am getting my truck set up to run 3.0 eventually. Its set at 158in wheel base.
Rear has not been narrowed but I widened my rims and don't run rear brakes. I'll post a picture in a minute of the rims.

Did you set it to a specific angle or did you just eyeball it?

10inch wide dually rims

IMG_20131209_122442_412_zpsflyucrox.jpg

IMG_20131209_125147_543_zpswip1zx7u.jpg

Whats your weight class? I know my cr is a heavy pig, I can't hang much weight. Then again my box weighs 750lbs empty. My steel wheels were heavy. I just got real wheels, should lighten me up a little

Last edited:
Whats your weight class? I know my cr is a heavy pig, I can't hang much weight. Then again my box weighs 750lbs empty. My steel wheels were heavy. I just got real wheels, should lighten me up a little

You will lose 18lb each when switching from 16" steel drw to a Real wheel, so a 17" should be a little more of a loss.

8050lbs. I probably have 1200-1500 lbs in my box .
My interior is gutted too. Just have a RCI racing seat.

You will lose 18lb each when switching from 16" steel drw to a Real wheel, so a 17" should be a little more of a loss.

I know but I already had 35 inch sts in 17s. And I like how my rims match. I saved some weight by trussing the rear. All the square tubing weighs about 125lbs.

Thanks for the compliments . I really appreciate it. Me and a friend of mine did all the work at my shop.

You guys did great work. Looking to do mine this spring after I put my motor together with my dad, and your pics defiantly help! Thanks again!!! :thankyou2::Cheer:

My question is for JL Builders. Did you set raise the height of the frame at all or did you use stock unloaded ride height?

I raised it about an inch. But I also moved the axle back 17.5 inches so I had to account for the angle of the frame too.

For me it was easy. I dropped them off paid for them then puck them up. I had a machine shop cut them and make the bands to weld in.

Back