Injecting fuel pre turbo?

dieselstudent11

I was thinking, would injecting diesel pre turbo cause the air to mix with the fuel before it reached the cylinders? Maybe the turbulence of the compressor wheel would blend it together? Just a thought, and was interested if its been tried before / opinions.

Not suggesting using this as the primary source of fuel injection, but as a power boost like injecting nitrous etc...

I imagine it could just completely not work and coat your turbo housing in diesel.

A few people have tried it. Usually good to have a video camera, blows up pretty good! It would be interesting to do on a super-dropped compression engine. Might work better one of those.

JQ, does it blow up before making it to the engine or does it blow up from the added power?
something tells me its the first one
:hehe:
edit: I suppose having fuel in the engine mid compression stroke could explode as well.

Last edited:
It pre-ignites like in a gas engine with too much timing. In this case, the fuel will ignite after only 410 deg, which, with a turbo pushing 150 deg into the engine, is a little too early on the stroke. That rattle you hear in diesels gets real bad.....even methanol can be used in an autoignition capacity with enough compression (around 19:1).

You could calculate when the fuel would ignite based upon the compression ratio, piston speed, pressure, volume, etc, but it's too much math for me to want to do at this hour. I'd try it on a cheap diesel at high rpm maybe.

I read somewhere years ago the 6.0 guys used a small system/wet n20 to hold the highest hp/et stock injector record.

We run a draw threw setup on our pulling tractor that works very very well. its composed of a stock hx35, a 90' elbow and a homemade flange welded to it with a 750 holley carb ontop. we run 30psi of boost with it. anybody intreseted enough for me to post pics?

Samaras please post some pics!
You could certainly measure how much your injecting but that really wouldnt matter seeing how this idea would probably cause detonation as JQ said but I am interested in this draw thru carb wizardry.

Nahh your just using fuel to cool the turbo.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

That just spells destruction.

Someone PLEASE video it.... Can you say run away!?

My grandpas old 50's d7 cable dozer has an aftermarket turbo and an oil bath air cleaner, one day we put to much oil/ diesel mix in it and that sucker ran away for a good 3 minutes. Finnally settled back down, amazing it still runs LOL

What about injecting gasoline post cylinder head/pre turbo, in the exhaust tract to help spool?

That might work.

See too many Hornets hit the burner cans in your day? :hehe:

On a side note that would be incredible to see what happens.

Injecting fuel pre-intake is ridiculous, it will definitely pre-detonate far far from TDC and hammer your engine to pieces.

These guys are all pulling your chain. It works great. Gasoline is best. Take video.

Back