Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
tylerltr450

Name: tylerltr450
Title: Wanna Be Hacker
Member`s Gallery
New Tuner

Hey all, been playing around with EFI Live and been having fun with it so far. Made a 12v tune and turned out really good for not knowing a lot about it. Kind of a smokey tune but I think it isnt bad once the turbo spools up.

Any advice for a newbie?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Small changes and log your a** off. Keep timing in check pre boost to control smoke. Don't get retarded with duration, spraying the cylinder walls doesn't make power. Stock RP sensor reads 26,110 and IMO on 90% of trucks don't need more than that.learn all tricks of the software first. Learn scan tool and set it up. If you don't use scantool more than tune tool then theirs no reason you are using efilive.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
I havent really had time to play alot with it but I need to figure out the logging. I tried it once and i couldnt get it to work so I gave up. It wouldnt read anything when I would start the log. Some advice would be helpful. Thanks

Old 10-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
Longcummins

Name: Longcummins
Title: Green Ears & Red Neck
Member`s Gallery
Go to EFILIVE forum and look up Tuning for dummies, scanning for dummies, custom mapping, blending and masking, by dog house diesel ( Rich) IIRC read and read some more.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcummins View Post
Go to EFILIVE forum and look up Tuning for dummies, scanning for dummies, custom mapping, blending and masking, by dog house diesel ( Rich) IIRC read and read some more.
I have them downloaded and saved on my desktop just haven't had time to completely read them. I think i might of screwed up the v2 tool before and i have it working again so i might be able to get it started up and start logging.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
Longcummins

Member`s Gallery
You will have to read how to when and what. As has been stated many times before read then reread it again. Unless you are a genius with the mind of Albert Eisenstein and the memory of an elephant. Other than that good luck.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Ok an update on my data logging I get data logging to work. Then I unplug the v2 I take it to the computer read the data save it delete it and then when I go back to data log it doesnt log. I dont understand. It seems like I have to reprogram the v2 with the bbx again to get it to data log. Any input guys

Old 01-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #8
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I do all my logging in pass through with the laptop so I'm not a 100 percent sure but I don't believe you can BBX log Cummins trucks. Or maybe you can but you cannot BBX log CSP 5 operating system.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr View Post
I do all my logging in pass through with the laptop so I'm not a 100 percent sure but I don't believe you can BBX log Cummins trucks. Or maybe you can but you cannot BBX log CSP 5 operating system.
It can with the cps5 because it tells you what tune you are on. But for some reason its not working all the time I'm going to have to play with it some more later in the week. I would do my laptop but its not convent for longer data logs.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #10
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Hey guys Im just wondering if anyone can be give me some numbers they use for injection durations? I have some numbers but i dont think they look right.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #11
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr View Post
I tried with the laptop and it wont work also says odbII something. So im not sure whats going on with this.

And input would be great im scratching my head on this one.

Reconfigured the v2 and everything.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #12
Longcummins

Member`s Gallery
I see from EFIlive forum you have figured out some things. I also learned some things from your post over there.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
tylerltr450

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcummins View Post
I see from EFIlive forum you have figured out some things. I also learned some things from your post over there.
Yeah Les helped me out big time stupid me. Efi Live was kicking my ass for a little. Now i have it figured out im really starting to put my best foot forward. I now am trying to understand pulse width with demanded pulse vs what the map says.

Efi Live is for no one faint at heart but if you have the willing to learn you can be really good. finally got to sit down and read a bunch and its all clicking now haha

Last edited by tylerltr450; 01-25-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Closed Thread