Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Your cousin leiffe in tbe volvo in the background stoppin for a chat?

Na I got to chat with these two derelicts.
127ddf14aa47e471867afd70eab57c4c.jpg

You haven't been in one have you?

Yes, unfortunately in my line of work I get to drive all makes and models. Got one of your precious VNL’s in the shop right now. What you find is the guys that do their own engine work don’t buy VNL’s or Prostars. They buy trucks you can see the engine when you open the hood and ones that don’t rust.

That’s different. I like it though. Is that a door to ease clean out or what?

Yes for cleanout or anything you may need to get in the trailer for. They are very nice to have! The old dump I used to pull part time didn't have a door and also no inside steps. Luckily I'm tall and could get myself back out although, I always thought a door would be much easier!:lolly:

I see. All the guys I know running around here only haul steel shred so no clean out.
Actually I could only think of one guy period who gets on his trailer, and it’s to clean asphalt.

I see. All the guys I know running around here only haul steel shred so no clean out.
Actually I could only think of one guy period who gets on his trailer, and it’s to clean asphalt.

There were several commodities we hauled that had to go in a clean trailer. Some you could just sweep the trailer floor, others the trailer had to be washed out.

Oh, oh. I'd never seen it done with an end dump lol. Cleaning asphalt is zero fun, no matter what kind of trailet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's mine,

KIMG0042_zpsoxutaozf.jpg.html

2000 379 6nz 18 speed. It's a rolling project bought it a year ago.

That's an old pic but so far I shaved the roof horns, ditched the 7's (rusted out) and replaced them with 8's with picket elbows. Rebuilt front and rear drives, put a nice t-bar across the back, new cac, did head gasket and and got liners to .oo5-.006, put a s478 on but that recently grenaded so now I'm running a pdi stage 1 with nozzle ring housing (too cheap to pass up) rebuilt the Jake's, new compressor, rebuilt entire front suspension, completely rebuilt all 6 brakes, wheel bearings and seals all around, king pins, and a million other little odds and ends. It was an expensive first year becoming an owner op!

To come, planning on adding 30" to the frame to bring it out to 295" picked up a real nice 70" sleeper on CL last fall that'll be going on. Cab mounted mirrors, 05 doors, paint, 6" blanks, 800 cam, probably switch to compounds and put in a flowed set of injectors.

Oh and a tune... Anyone on here tune ecm's? When I got the truck it had some kind of tune in it got 5.7 mpg consistently but took it in to peterbilt and they flashed my ecm. Wish I would have known they were going to plug into it. I've got cat et now and have flashed various 6nz, 7cz and a few 2ws files into it and played around with different fls/fts numbers but can't find anything I'm happy with. Have a hard time keeping 5 mpg now and I'm usually on the light side 50k-70k. I would gladly pay for a decent tuned file.

Attachments

• KIMG0042.jpg
    KIMG0042.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh, oh. I'd never seen it done with an end dump lol. Cleaning asphalt is zero fun, no matter what kind of trailet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

95% is done with live bottom/flowboy trailer, the small guys use bobtail trucks or belly dumps. End dump DOES seem like asking for trouble if it starts setting up any. I guess they’d spray it down with diesel first.

Here's mine,

KIMG0042_zpsoxutaozf.jpg.html

2000 379 6nz 18 speed. It's a rolling project bought it a year ago.

That's an old pic but so far I shaved the roof horns, ditched the 7's (rusted out) and replaced them with 8's with picket elbows. Rebuilt front and rear drives, put a nice t-bar across the back, new cac, did head gasket and and got liners to .oo5-.006, put a s478 on but that recently grenaded so now I'm running a pdi stage 1 with nozzle ring housing (too cheap to pass up) rebuilt the Jake's, new compressor, rebuilt entire front suspension, completely rebuilt all 6 brakes, wheel bearings and seals all around, king pins, and a million other little odds and ends. It was an expensive first year becoming an owner op!

To come, planning on adding 30" to the frame to bring it out to 295" picked up a real nice 70" sleeper on CL last fall that'll be going on. Cab mounted mirrors, 05 doors, paint, 6" blanks, 800 cam, probably switch to compounds and put in a flowed set of injectors.

Oh and a tune... Anyone on here tune ecm's? When I got the truck it had some kind of tune in it got 5.7 mpg consistently but took it in to peterbilt and they flashed my ecm. Wish I would have known they were going to plug into it. I've got cat et now and have flashed various 6nz, 7cz and a few 2ws files into it and played around with different fls/fts numbers but can't find anything I'm happy with. Have a hard time keeping 5 mpg now and I'm usually on the light side 50k-70k. I would gladly pay for a decent tuned file.

The guy you need to talk to frequents this thread. Jfaulkner.
Try mentioning that you want to trade that Pete for a Volvo or scania or something. That should bring him back pretty quick.
Although, he doesn’t strike me as a MPG guy for some strange reason...

The guy you need to talk to frequents this thread. Jfaulkner.
Try mentioning that you want to trade that Pete for a Volvo or scania or something. That should bring him back pretty quick.
Although, he doesn’t strike me as a MPG guy for some strange reason...

Yea, watch his tunes though, rumor is he did one for a guy, then like 3 months later the wiper motor chit out. Then another time he did one, caused the dome light to burn out:hehe:

Yea, watch his tunes though, rumor is he did one for a guy, then like 3 months later the wiper motor chit out. Then another time he did one, caused the dome light to burn out:hehe:

Huh... Well my dome light already doesn't work, wipers are a lil slow and my visor rattles so what else could go wrong?

I'm actually ok with 5 mpg provided ive got a smile on my face the entire time but it'd be nice to see high 5's and maybe low 6's once and a while on the good days. After Pete updated I was at 500/1650 averaging 4.2 mpg and getting my doors blown off by swift drivers pulling hills :aiwebs_013:

Back