Np241 slip yoke leak

79powerwagon

Whats the skinny on a leaking slip yoke even after seal replacement...

New tailshaft bushing/housing?

Anyone got a part #?

You install it with the hole at the bottom? You could try the other style seal, but im no help with a part number for it. Smooth up the slip yoke with some emery cloth maybe? If that tail shaft bushing is bad, i could see it leaking also, but I think you'd feel some vibrations before the seal would leak. Good luck.

Just went and looked. My 95 dld has a seal without the boot and my 97 dld has the boot. Hope that helps.

Yep hole at bottom. Slip yoke in nice shape, not grooved. Everything clean and seal installed evenly.

Seems i read about replacing the complete housing fixing the issue.

I’d try a different brand seal before replacing the housing. Had a similar situation with a rear axle and it was the seal brand. National brand seal was a proper fit in my scenario.

I have had a similar problem with my 04 and the 273. I am not sure if your slip yoke is the same but its worth a look... My slip yoke has a metal plug that is pressed into the center at the yoke end. It had came out and was causing the leak, it took me a output seals to figure it out. :bang

[ame]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/Robbiesworld/PLUG_zpsdca228dc.png[/ame]

Back