Transmission cooler

Highway man. Any suggestions? I do plan on calling them and asking questions before I buy

I had to do some digging through the manual to find pictures, seems decent.
Personally, I went with a large (its like 19x28) Setrab cooler and broke my own shroud with Ford Taurus fans. But that route is very bulky and nearly requires it to be bed mounted. The dual core derales are always a good option.

I went with the derale 15900. It's -8an, comes with thermostatic switch for the fan but I also run a toggle with it. And I used all braided stainless line. I am running it on a 3rd gen as an auxiliary to the front cooler and torque converter cooler deleted. daily driving it never gets above 130. If your planning on just running a cooler in the bed I'd run 2.

Thanks highway man. Good info. Cflanery I am planning only running the cooler under the bed. Guess I'll keep putting together a plan

Went with Derale 15870. -8 inlet outlet, 40 row stacked plate core. Have the fan on a toggle switch right now, no drive time on it yet other than letting the truck idle a few times. Super nice piece in my opinion, mine is mounted in the bed as well.

I went with the derale 15900. It's -8an, comes with thermostatic switch for the fan but I also run a toggle with it. And I used all braided stainless line. I am running it on a 3rd gen as an auxiliary to the front cooler and torque converter cooler deleted. daily driving it never gets above 130. If your planning on just running a cooler in the bed I'd run 2.

Where do you have the aux cooler mounted on your 3rd gen?

Almost broke. Is it in your bed or under?

Right now it's in the bed, I thought about making something similar to what's in the pic so air can still pass through if it for sure stays in the bed.
13402729_526614544216336_1695826565_n.jpg

Back