Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Motorsports Supply
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #101
lenahan05

Name: lenahan05
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNasty View Post
For being the all knowing super race master engine builder you claim to be, you'd think you could produce more constructive comments than the like of "too much lift affects velocity", "it will either work, or it won't", "the sky is blue and grass is green", "nitrous is cold and makes my nipples hard", etc......
his truck is faster than yours. stop arguing!

Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #102
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNasty View Post
For being the all knowing super race master engine builder you claim to be, you'd think you could produce more constructive comments than the like of "too much lift affects velocity", "it will either work, or it won't", "the sky is blue and grass is green", "nitrous is cold and makes my nipples hard", etc......
I think he's trying to be some mysterious guru an' chit.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #103
TheBigNasty

Name: TheBigNasty
Title: Project bish
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenahan05 View Post
his truck is faster than yours. stop arguing!
I know, I'm sure to be called a keyboard racer now.

On edit: I see I'll have to wait at least one day to be called a keyboard racer.

Last edited by TheBigNasty; 09-17-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #104
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=lenahan05;2162114]thats about like comparing apples to oranges. all a stock cam will do is bring the peak hp to a lower rpm, raise boost pressure, and raise the peak torque numbers dramatically thru the whole rpm band. that wont clear anything up IMO. not trying to be smart.

all gregs BS aside, i wouldnt just throw in a hamilton cam just because its proven or being given to you, or because greg is and idiot. both guys have good running cams. zac stuff def works well. its on the conservative side of camshaft design. and is proven. gregs stuff does work well in the right designed setup.

the question is, do you want to do what everyone else is doing and have the same parts as 90% of people out there, or try something different and learn. you cant beat the winners, running what the guy ahead of you already has. or if your satisfied with what everyone else runs, thats also fine too. greg stuff is definitely not your average profile.

not that what I think amounts to a hill of beans, but I prefer to try new things. I think greg is onto something with his cam profiles. personally, a few tweaks with your current profile would be your best bet. In your engine build, I'd think picking a happy medium between zac and gregs stuff would be the deal.

Something like a 210/210 @ .050. pretty conservative for a 4v head. use the big lift numbers like greg uses on the profile you have now. his .200 numbers are way bigger than most stuff ive seen. pull your lsa back to around a 112 and I'd reckon you'd have a very conservative but strong running motor with a few ICL adjustments. buy a billet core from zac or greg and have it ground to your specs.

sorry to zac and greg ahead of time. i dont want to intentionally cut your business or knock your parts. thats not my intentions. both of your stuff works. that being said, this thread was started, and is beginning to sound like a pissing match and could all be solved if people would just try somethihng different and stay off the web and do thier own thing. i could care less about he said she said nonsense. the above profile, IMO, would be pretty legit. i would love to see some results if anyone out there wants to try it.[

Sure it would show something if he through a stocker in ... It would prove Greg doesn't know what he is doing . if he knew what he was doing he would be out there doing it !! instead he cons all you folks into drinking his kool-aid . Drink up

Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #105
lenahan05

Name: lenahan05
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
[quote=John Robinson;2162460][QUOTE=lenahan05;2162114

Sure it would show something if he through a stocker in ... It would prove Greg doesn't know what he is doing . if he knew what he was doing he would be out there doing it !! instead he cons all you folks into drinking his kool-aid . Drink up [/quote]

ok johnson.... i am very curious to see this rail of his run. if it ever runs, that is. if he goes faster than you, you may just have to shove your foot in your mouth. just please make sure i'm around to enjoy it. but i wouldnt bet on it.

anyone who knows greg knows he talks more than just about anyone in the business maybe soon he'll put his money where his mouth is and get that thing on the track.

i'm still waiting greg. more worky, less talky. it's a pretty rail, but pretty aint fast.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #106
DieselLance

Name: DieselLance
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post

Sure it would show something if he through a stocker in ... It would prove Greg doesn't know what he is doing . if he knew what he was doing he would be out there doing it !! instead he cons all you folks into drinking his kool-aid . Drink up
sounds like another cam builder/grinder/guesser i know. i know a few people that got "try this one, it should fit"

Old 09-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #107
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
Greg's rail

Im starting to think he is afraid to get it done. There is no way on gods green earth it could take this long to get anything done! The funny thing I have found to hold true over the years is keep it simple. Make the simple stuff work 100% and you will be fine. John, I hope your ready for TX because I'm going to bust that a$$! lol I just mite even put new slicks on it and give Hypermax and Schied a poorboy beat down. Greg why don't you stop by and give me some pointers on how to race so I will have a chance at going a round or two. Is it race time yet? Poor boy under funded racing at it's best. BRING IT ON. Sorry for the derail.
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Last edited by TravisG; 09-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #108
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Had the same problem with one of Hogues crappy ass cams. Couldn't carry any rpm at all and it would always fall on it's face. Had to walk it the out forever just to keep it from falling on it's face on the line. Thought my Scheid 13mm pump was a piece of crap and didn't want to run any rpms. So we stuck one of Glovers nasty 13mm pumps on it and a more up to date charger that was VERY easy to spool and keep lit. Same thing.
Hogue you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and nobody should come to your for advice on cams or buy that crap either. Your a moron. He's a video of one. There are plenty more on there as well. Ran an entire season and the truck never went down the track at more than 3500 rpm. And that happened twice. Those were also the only 2 hooks the truck didn't snuff the charger out as well.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 09-18-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #109
06cumminz

Name: 06cumminz
Member`s Gallery
Gregs dragster against hamiltons dragster, that will be a sight to see

Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #110
TheBigNasty

Name: TheBigNasty
Title: Project bish
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06cumminz View Post
Gregs dragster against hamiltons dragster, that will be a sight to see
Zach's has broken the beams. Can't say the same about the other.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #111
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Member`s Gallery
I know when I got the drop in cam for my truck from him. Truck never open up. was a 175/215 lsa112. Changed several turbo, then was gear's, was always something. Messed with it for almost two season then said heck with it had talked to Patty & Van, Fleece in several other in said to ditch cam. Only thing changed was put stock cam in truck stopped snuffing and not carrying rpm's down the track.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #112
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery