my p-pump conversion

do you have a special spray angle for those injectors? my comps arent as big as those but they are up there

do you have a special spray angle for those injectors? my comps arent as big as those but they are up there

My injectors nozzles were lasered by JL machine tightend up to run the timing. They also lasered the bodies out to be similar to a dual feed 12v injector. Then my local diesel shop set them up at 4000 psi

icic..well im gonna set it at 22* for now with my injector. i think thats a safe place to start. im gonna re time if this weekend and hopefully figure this thing out.

heres a quick question for all of you on here, what fuel pump/pressure are you running. ive got a fass 95/150 and keep it at 25-26 psi with the new spring i got for it. not sure if this is hurting the p pump or not?

did you have to pay anything for it? they sent me my spring for free. i just dont really wanna switch to a 150 just for a little boost in psi

Switching to a 150 series won't increase your fuel pressure.

The 95 and 150 are flowrates (gph). You can put a 40 psi spring in either application to increase the fuel pressure.

Switching to a 150 series won't increase your fuel pressure.

The 95 and 150 are flowrates (gph). You can put a 40 psi spring in either application to increase the fuel pressure.

hmm well i had my fass guy send me stiffer spring that uped the pressure to 26, but i think he said that i needed a 150 with a stiffer spring to up the pressure any more, do they have an even stiffer spring for the 95/150 i take it?

As the pressure increases the flow decreases. With the 150 you are able to up the pressure higher while still maintaining good flow.

hmm well i had my fass guy send me stiffer spring that uped the pressure to 26, but i think he said that i needed a 150 with a stiffer spring to up the pressure any more, do they have an even stiffer spring for the 95/150 i take it?

I did not realize the 95 gph was not capable of it. There are smaller than 150 gph pumps available for 12v trucks. Weird.

ok back to my p-pump conversion....i am going to start with resetting the timing and puting a new lock washer on. and go from there.

i degreed my stock reground cam to 105, which is what the cam card i got back with the cam said to degree the intake to. i thinking i shouldve just put it back to the stock timing marks that way i dont have to worry if its that or not causing the problem.

well turns out my pump is locked timed at 13* and not 0*. that would explain my problem i hope. going to adjust the timing this weekend and hopefully it will purr like a kitten.

Yeah, I'd say if the pump was already timed at 13* then you timed it at 22*, sounds like way too much timing. I barely run 20* myself. Hopefully it will clear up for you. Keep us posted!

I once ran 42 deg on the truck in my sig. on accident took awhile to crank hazed like you described and sounded a little different. But we re timed it to 24 plunger lift and it made a total different truck out of it. Hope everything works out for ya, don't give up it'll work out. By the way what kinda grind did you have put on the cam.

Back