air intake

50stangpower

my grandfather has an 06 lbz and is looking for a air intake......will be future fuel millage and towing chipped.... but doesnt want to much power. ive heard the volant was good for my situation. sounds like an afe is a little to much. just wondering about airaid, s&B and others.

thanks
brandon

The LBZ has a pretty good intake. I wouldn't change it $.02

I'm leaving Wendy's alone.

Tried k&n and have an Airraid. No difference from stock

my buddy put an drop in k&n and it made the truck smoke like crazy, some ppl mod there airbox, i dont kn what that is tho?

We have an S&B on our LBZ and it is a nice piece. I would highly recommend them.

I PPE modded my stocker. same or better power. save the cash

I'd recommend an S&B. Nice system and relatively cheap. Otherwise, the stock intakes flow plenty.

Stock LBZ intake is excellent from the factory. If he would like improved MPG, lower EGTs, and maybe a little more power, do the PPE mods to the air box. Basically doing that you take the airbox opening from about 5" with a plastic piece to swirl the air that blocks all but the outside 1" of the diameter, to after the mod you have about a 8" by 8" opening that wraps around to the front. Doing this will flow enough air to support any single turbo duramax, no matter what you do to it, and you also get to keep the far superior filtering characteristics of the factory filter. In my mind, thats a better alternative than ANY aftermarket system, plus its free, which I like!

Stock LBZ intake is excellent from the factory. If he would like improved MPG, lower EGTs, and maybe a little more power, do the PPE mods to the air box. Basically doing that you take the airbox opening from about 5" with a plastic piece to swirl the air that blocks all but the outside 1" of the diameter, to after the mod you have about a 8" by 8" opening that wraps around to the front. Doing this will flow enough air to support any single turbo duramax, no matter what you do to it, and you also get to keep the far superior filtering characteristics of the factory filter. In my mind, thats a better alternative than ANY aftermarket system, plus its free, which I like!

x2 on that man.. I did the airbox mod on my LBZ.. the stock filter flows better and filters better than any aftermarket u can get, untill u get over 550rwhp or so.. I put pictures of my LBZ air box mod HERE. Hope that helps you!

Back