Compounds and crankcase pressure

KidCarson22

Hey guys, runnin 362/68/.7 over 475/92/1.10 and lots of other mods. The 475 has about 5000miles on it. I took off my cold pipe and intercooler pipes and found a Thick film of oil starting from the 475 and made its way through to the secondary and into the intercooler. No shaft play at all. I cleaned everything and installed a dual valve cover breather. Drove it hard for a month and checked again.

Now it’s a very Light film of oil in the cold pipe and a little around the compressor wheel of the secondary. Secondary is new by the way. And the pipe going from secondary to intercooler is completely dry, sweet. That makes me feel like it’s a crankcase pressure issue and not a turbo issue.

Does it sound like a turbo seal problem and I should get it checked out? Would adding another breather make it even better? Any input on this would be great.

I'm running a similar setup and I am having the same issue when both of mine were brand new turbos even. I've kind of just said the heck with it. But I'd like to find a solution

The more breathers, the merrier! It is common to see oil when running hard on a loose engine with compound turbos.

I would also look at the oil drains lines being large enough.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Installed two dual vented valve covers on my old engine to stop the oil slobbering out the vent tube.
It's not compounds but does pull a lot of heavy loads.
Installed them on the new engine with a plugged billet tappet cover, no oil drips so for in two years.

DSC00502.jpg

It's about 1.25" deep in the hood stack, and the angle matches the 45° cut on the bottom of the nipple.

Back