2009 f450

gwhammy

The truck I'm swapping now is a f450. It has 4.10 gears and eight hole wheels, the gvw is 15 thousand and some. Something seems odd about this combo. It's got 19.5 alcoa wheels also. Not complaining just something seems off about this truck. It was a two owner truck when I got it and the second owner didn't have it long till the motor took a crap.

I think it's a dana 80 with aluminum ribbed back cover. Ford sticker on door shows 6 thousand front axle I think and 9000 and change on rear axle.

It's got a fresh 12 valve setting in it. Got it with 96,000 miles and almost new transmission.

It doesn't have the fender flares on the front fenders. I thought maybe the title would say but it doesn't. It's fine no matter what, I'm pulling with a one ton right now and it works fine.

Last edited:
Nice, just finished swapping my 08 a couple of months ago. Wished I would of done this from the get go and never even bought my 2nd gen.

Ford didn't make an 8 lug 450 in 09. They also did t make a 450 without the sidetrack front end. 19.5 alvoas didn't come in 8 lug either. Sounds like a 350.

04 was the last year for 8 lug wheels on the 450/550 chassis
How about a photo of the truck as something doesn't sound right

I think the gear options for 2008-2010 F450 were 4.30 or 4.88. Door tag will have a code to show it. Sounds like a F350.

Back