New DV's or Adjustable fuel plate?

BlackhawkRednek

Pure Bred Redneck
I got a p pump from a guy that was on a drag truck. I am going to use my truck for a temp. DD and some sled pulling/drag racing. The pump has full cuts in it right now. I know these wont do good for a DD so I was going to go with 191's or .024's. I am wondering if I left the full cuts in and put and adjustable fuel plate in what would i expect? And would it even be worth it?

Get different DV's. The fuel plate is a waste of time/money, IMO. Especially for a DD.

Ok. Thanks. Which ones would yall go with? It is a fully built and balanced 24 valve. It has twins(66/88), 110# springs, dp2 cam, shaved pistons, head studs, fire ringed, approx. 275hp injectors. I will be running 93 lines and tubes.

They are 7 x .012 with .018 extra lift and pintle work. 7 x .012's are roughly 240hp over stock. So I was just kinda guessing about 275. I could be wrong but that is just what I am guessing.

Are you saying my 68 LPM injectors might not be 68 LPM? I always wondered why my 6 LPM lift pump could keep up with them.

Are you saying my 68 LPM injectors might not be 68 LPM? I always wondered why my 6 LPM lift pump could keep up with them.
Companies that use air to measure the flow always forget to include humidity and insect count. In Washington state 68lpm at 109% humidity is much different than say 68lpm in Georgia at 112% humidity. In Georgia 68lpm of air contains on average 3.5 x 10 to the 11th mosquitos per 100 liters while Washington has only trace amounts due to the low hemoglobin in the population from lack of sunlight. As the filters get clogged with bugs the compressor heats the air and causes the number to be off by several %.
That's why fluid measurement it preferred.

Companies that use air to measure the flow always forget to include humidity and insect count. In Washington state 68lpm at 109% humidity is much different than say 68lpm in Georgia at 112% humidity. In Georgia 68lpm of air contains on average 3.5 x 10 to the 11th mosquitos per 100 liters while Washington has only trace amounts due to the low hemoglobin in the population from lack of sunlight. As the filters get clogged with bugs the compressor heats the air and causes the number to be off by several %.
That's why fluid measurement it preferred.

^^^LOL^^^

Seriously, I like the 024s for the street.

Back