3406b trailing smoke

claytoncox

learnin'
I will go ahead and apologize for the long post in advance, just want the full story out there.

Truck recently blew a head gasket out of the rear #6. I was no where near the house so had the truck towed to a nearby shop. They told me the back head bolts were loose and my timing was off a tad bit. They replaced the head gasket and turned my timing down. since i have left there my truck has had a constant smoke. The more you load the engine the worse it gets. I have taken it back to them and they went completely went back over the timing and said it is spot on. They told me they think i have "wire wheeled" nozzles in it and that is the cause of the smoke. I have since taken it to two other shops around my house that i know can properly tune these pumps and they have both changed the timing a little and checked advance, afc and other little things in the pump. It still has a slight smoke all the time. Is there anything else they can check or even myself to try to get the smoke down? Engine is a 4mg

Not sure how well you can see but the thin black line is the smoke on level ground not under a hard pull.
552cc78e6e9b7c5b8cb49cd5426740cc.png
ddc596a37e099649eea6d549c27691a0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back