Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 1500 EcoDiesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #281
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Jealous. Pics?

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #282
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
It needs a Bath right now but this is the best Picture I've got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EcoDiesel.jpg (49.2 KB, 0 views)

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-07-2017, 04:51 PM   #283
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
Nice! Did you find it in KY or abroad? What trim package does it have? miles?

Old 03-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #284
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Georgia Truck 105K Big Horn 4x4

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #285
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
I don't know if I would invest in any Changes, Until the DOJ finishes its investigation, at this point its likely that all 3.0VM will be recalled. It will be extremely difficult to recover the capital loss in Tuning or deletes. REPORT: EPA to hold hearing today about new cheating allegations | Page 2 | EcoDieselRam.com - EcoDiesel Ram 1500 Truck Community

Old 04-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #286
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
My truck is currently at the dealer with them trying to find out what is causing the vibration at 65-80 MPH. Not sure if it keeps going faster than that, but that is as fast as I need to go going to work and back. The vibration started in January around the 15th and has gotten worse. I pulled the driveshaft and was ready to change the u-joints but they were still good. I thought I had a tire going bad so I bought two new tires and swapped the two rear tires. Did not fix the problem. When I put weight in the bed the vibration starts sooner than with no weight in the bed. Dealership just called and said while the u-joints feel good they are going to put new one's in and let me drive it and see if it fixes it. If not I have to keep driving it till the speed of the vibration comes down to a speed they can legally achieve close to the dealership. I am sitting at 96,6XX and wanted to make sure that they noted it because it may take a while for the speed of the vibration to come down and I might go past the 100k warranty.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 PM   #287
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
My truck is currently at the dealer with them trying to find out what is causing the vibration at 65-80 MPH. Not sure if it keeps going faster than that, but that is as fast as I need to go going to work and back. The vibration started in January around the 15th and has gotten worse. I pulled the driveshaft and was ready to change the u-joints but they were still good. I thought I had a tire going bad so I bought two new tires and swapped the two rear tires. Did not fix the problem. When I put weight in the bed the vibration starts sooner than with no weight in the bed. Dealership just called and said while the u-joints feel good they are going to put new one's in and let me drive it and see if it fixes it. If not I have to keep driving it till the speed of the vibration comes down to a speed they can legally achieve close to the dealership. I am sitting at 96,6XX and wanted to make sure that they noted it because it may take a while for the speed of the vibration to come down and I might go past the 100k warranty.
I was going to scream out u-join in the driveshaft or carrier bearing, but it sounds like you've got that covered.

The load changing things means it's definitely a joint or a bushing somewhere! Good luck.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #288
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Keep me informed.

Made my first road trip this weekend pulling the Pontoon to Ga. to the lake.
It is around a 24' boat on a single axle trailer. not super heavy but catches a lot of wind. I pulled it apx. 250 Miles with 70% being interstate keeping the truck near 75 MPH.

The truck pulled fine even up and over Monteagle. Starting was about the only time I really knew the boat was behind me.

On the trip Down I averaged around 15.5 MPG and the trip back pulling the empty trailer(Even thought it was just the trailer it was still weight) running between 80-83MPH on interstate I was averaging 24MPG.

These are hand calculated numbers.

I love the ride and the way this truck handles.

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 04-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #289
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Member`s Gallery
Try swapping your front tires to the rear.....I had a brand new tire that was phucked an played tricks on me till I started moving tires around and was able to change the problem.

If weight in the bed makes it come sooner I would assume something in the front to be loose.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-04-2017, 05:34 AM   #290
06 DIESEL

Member`s Gallery
I have moved tires front to rear and changed tires. Matched the tire to the rim, balanced them and spun them three times after getting 0.00 to make sure they were perfectly in balance. I had the driveshaft out around January 28th and the joints moved freely. Dealer said they did the same and they did not think that they were bad but are a warranty item and felt it was worth the chance. The vibration is in the rear of the truck, I feel it in the seat, nothing in the steering wheel even when you let go of the wheel it does not shake. The new joints should be installed today but I won't be picking up the truck till tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #291
jkretzer

Name: jkretzer
Title: MegaCrank
Member`s Gallery
hope the dealer gets it figured out. I had a vibration on my truck that I was looking too in depth (ujoints, tie rod ends, ball joints etc.) and over looked the obvious. it would only vibrate over 55 and over time it got worse. swapped to a spare set of tires to rule out the tires and found a bulge on one of them. must have broken some belts that would push the tread out as I went over 55 causing the vibration and they got worse over time until it was easy to see. good luck

56 chevy shortbed restomod, 2wd, cummins 4bt,
nv4500.

Last edited by jkretzer; 04-04-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #292
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Carrier bearing?

My 2010 3500 ate carrier bearings EVERY time I loaded the big trailer heavy, until I put air bags on the truck...dealer told me I was nuts, but they put 2 in it the first 50K miles, and I haven't put one in it the last 100K, and half of that was with a service body and loaded to 11K daily, plus pulling the trailer.

Maybe something to look at.
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 04-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #293
okie18

Name: okie18
Member`s Gallery
1500 vs 2500 but I had a bad front tire that vibrated the whole truck at 80. You couldn't feel it in the steering wheel at all though which led me to think it was a back tire. The pos tire was 8oz out of balance they told me. 2nd factory tire I've had go bad, way to go firestone.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:11 AM   #294
06 DIESEL

Member`s Gallery
No carrier bearing one piece aluminum driveshaft in this pig.

I wonder if the steering is not feeling anything in these trucks because of it begin electronic steering? Never thought of that.

I talked to the dealer late last night. Their road tests after changing the joints are 50/50, sometimes it doesn't do it, and sometimes it does according to them. I am picking it up tonight and will know tomorrow if it does it still.

Quote:

Old 04-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #295
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
No carrier bearing one piece aluminum driveshaft in this pig.

I wonder if the steering is not feeling anything in these trucks because of it begin electronic steering? Never thought of that.

I talked to the dealer late last night. Their road tests after changing the joints are 50/50, sometimes it doesn't do it, and sometimes it does according to them. I am picking it up tonight and will know tomorrow if it does it still.
Haven't been around one at all, good to know.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 04-06-2017, 05:27 AM   #296
06 DIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Vibration is still there. I was not even 10 miles from the dealer and I called them and let them know it was still there. They want me to drive it till Monday and call them then and let them know how it is. Driving to work this morning I felt the vibration more in the floor board than the seat or the steering wheel. I wonder if it is one of the CV joints in the front axle. I am going to climb under it this weekend and start grabbing and shaking crap till I find something loose.

Quote:

Old 04-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #297
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Vibration is still there. I was not even 10 miles from the dealer and I called them and let them know it was still there. They want me to drive it till Monday and call them then and let them know how it is. Driving to work this morning I felt the vibration more in the floor board than the seat or the steering wheel. I wonder if it is one of the CV joints in the front axle. I am going to climb under it this weekend and start grabbing and shaking crap till I find something loose.
Does it change and get worse when you've got it in 4WD? I would think you'd feel it at ~45mph or less with load compared to free spinning.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:52 AM   #298
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
Keep me informed.

Made my first road trip this weekend pulling the Pontoon to Ga. to the lake.
It is around a 24' boat on a single axle trailer. not super heavy but catches a lot of wind. I pulled it apx. 250 Miles with 70% being interstate keeping the truck near 75 MPH.

The truck pulled fine even up and over Monteagle. Starting was about the only time I really knew the boat was behind me.

On the trip Down I averaged around 15.5 MPG and the trip back pulling the empty trailer(Even thought it was just the trailer it was still weight) running between 80-83MPH on interstate I was averaging 24MPG.

These are hand calculated numbers.

I love the ride and the way this truck handles.
That is just plain awesome!

Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #299
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
That is just plain awesome!
I think I'm going to drive it to UCC in a couple of weeks to see what it does Empty.

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #300
06 DIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Does it change and get worse when you've got it in 4WD? I would think you'd feel it at ~45mph or less with load compared to free spinning.
I have not tried that but I will within a few days. We had a really mild winter here this year so I never really put it in 4WD.

Quote:

Closed Thread