Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

I've been debating getting one of these... 60 miles a day for work is killing me at 12mpg.

Dam. I drive 45 miles one way and it kills me also. A guy from work just bought a ecodiesel. He loves it. He said he's getting 28 it's a 2 wheel drive. Nice truck!

Last edited:
Dam. I drive 45 miles one way and it kills me also. A guy from work just bought a ecodiesel. He loves it. He said he's getting 28 it's a 2 wheel drive. Nice truck!

I know the feeling.

I know a guy with a sportsman edition 4x4 getting 24. Thats the real deal

I've been trying to talk my dad into one. Haven't quite yet. I test drove one a few weeks ago though just for fun... I was seriously tempted for myself... if I didn't tow quite so heavy...

I want one of these Eco diesel rams. Test drove a grand Cherokee with the diesel option-definitely had torque on demand-love to see what these things can do all modded and tuned

Where could I find a high mileage used one? Like a traveling salesmanship truck after he's done with it after a year? That's be the only chance I'd even remotely be able to afford one is if it's about 2/3 the cost of new. :)

I need the few of you that have these to let me know how they are holding up. I am seriously considering selling my Jetta and my Jeep and getting one of the 1500 RCLB diesels. There are a few leftover 2014 models that are close enough to what I want that I can justify saving the money on it vs a new 2015. I might stop in at the dealer and see what they can do tonight on my way home. I have a buyer for the Jetta already, and the Jeep I have one lined up I think.

There's been a few software updates, some cracked exhaust manifolds and some people having def issues. Seems to all matter on your dealer to how well issues are managed. I've heard parts are tough to get right now for trucks with the above problems.

Well I am going to have to look into it some more for sure. I average about 1000 miles a week just going to work and back, so it will not take any time to get way more miles on it than "average".

Well I am going to have to look into it some more for sure. I average about 1000 miles a week just going to work and back, so it will not take any time to get way more miles on it than "average".

I would wager that you would be less prone to issues, the more regular miles the better for emission diesels

I have one! And I absolutely love it! Very first Tank averaged 28 mpg, sitting in the 20-25 range now that winter has set in with colder temps and more idle time. No issues for me yet.

So much envy. What cab config & 2wd or 4wd? Mind saying what you paid for it?

its a full load Limited crew, it was right around 52k with full extended warranty. I believe the Diesel was a $3200 option at that trim. I also custom ordered it, there is next to no stock on the ED up here, the dealers cant keep them in stock, couldnt find what i wanted.

I've picked me up one of these trucks also and so far I'm happy with it. I'm only averaging 19 mpg but I also don't have a far drive to work. Its more stop and go. Usually on highway trips I average 25 mpg at around 75 mph. This is a crew cab truck with 4wd. I have not towed anything yet so I have no info on that.

My fiancé's parents bought one off a trailer at the dealership that was supposed to be delivered to another guy down the road at another dealership. It was apparently one of 2 that were in south central Kansas that were even on the market at the time.

I took 1 home form the Dealership , I was impressed by the mileage and power so I had AJ order Me 1, BC we did not have the color and options I wanted on the ground or ordered, I have Hemi's and Cummins Engine's in My entire fleet of company and personal vehicles, I will tell you this My 1500s 2012-14 Avg about 12.8 Mixed HC, the 3.0 is getting 16.8 Mixed HC, I did take it on a 212 Mile HWY trip and it Avg 25.5 @ 70MPH HC, it took a little over 8.3 Gallons HC and filled and refilled off the same company tank and Nozzle.

My Hemi's get 17-19 GPM on same road.

Another area to consider is Air Ride, believe it or Not My Air ride 1500 Hemi's get about 1 MPG better on HWY avg then My spring ride 1500s. that Aero height does make a difference. Of course the 3.0 on order has this option.

When I jump form My spring ride to air 1500s you know when its air.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a 2014 today, I pick it up on Monday. Regular cab 8' long bed 4x4 tradesman. I start driving it to work on Tuesday, a nice short 89 miles each way 5 days a week.

Back