Water in oil

mnkgraham

p pump 24valve
Last year I built a p pump 24 valve from the ground up. Used all fresh parts and all appropriate machine work. balanced crank 14mm main studs, heavy rod bolts, head studs, fire rings, double valve springs, billet tappet cover, billet front cover and fuel and air good for about 700 horse. Runs great pulls hard past 5k. Ever since rebuild I have been using a little water, not enough to see it in the oil but enough to have steam out the blow by. Under normal driving it drinks about 6oz every 100 miles. Tested coolant system with everything together with no luck. So now it is on the stand, head pressure tests good and all gaskets seem to be in good shape. All signs lead to a crack in the block but find that hard to believe with a new bottom end and such a small leak. Any ideas will be helpful .

53 block? Can you see any stains on the block? I have seen them slightly crack horizontally and push water under pressure

Not sure what that means. like i said the head checks out and the motor is in pieces right now still no sign of a crack. everywhere that i can think of the leak being the oil pressure should be higher than the water pressure and the water is clean.

Not sure what that means. like i said the head checks out and the motor is in pieces right now still no sign of a crack. everywhere that i can think of the leak being the oil pressure should be higher than the water pressure and the water is clean.

I was assuming the motor was complete on the stand, didn't know you already had it apart.

Back