TS MP-8 took a doodie on me

we got hit with some serious rain this afternoon... I had to get through some pretty deep water to make it to the house, and the truck started stumbling and white smoking. I was freaking out, limped it to the house and trouble shot it back to the MP-8. I unplugged the harness at the box and hit it w/ contact cleaner. There was definate evidence of water up in that area and the connectors seemed wet. I hosed everything down w/ contact cleaner and plugged it back in. Still stumbling and white smoking. So I bypassed the MP-8 all together. Cleared right up and the truck runs great.

What are my options on getting it fixed? :eek:

Is there any warranty against moisture? Do you have an updated version with a weatherproof connector at the module?

Pretty sure in the instructions it said to keep it dry, I know I was pissed after paying our bloated price up here of 600$ for such a lame a$$ connector.
Filled mine solid with dialectric. Better than nothing.

there wasn't enough length on the harness to mount the module inside the cab. I hosed the connectors down with contact cleaner, so all the moisture should have been chased out :confused:

so after only a month or two of procrastination, I called TS, and they said just fill out a warranty sheet and send it in... then after another few months of work and procrastination, I sent it in, and got the thing back in record time! :eek: I think they module arrived at TS on Mon and I've now got it on Thurs!?

Y'all must have fixed it the day it arrived and got it right back out!

Talk about customer service!!! Thank's gang :cool:

Back