2013 Darwin candidate?

Verdorbene69

How to destroy a 2013 truck with less than 10k miles. I would like to shake the hand of the man that did this.... while the other hand is coming across with a punch to the face. These pictures are from a commerical truck that logged over 2k running hours. I am guessing this person ran the truck idling non-stop from the time he began work until he went home every day...

Attachments

• 1079809_10200316486816599_3136346_n.jpg
    1079809_10200316486816599_3136346_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1081436_10200317682766497_1651416899_n.jpg
    1081436_10200317682766497_1651416899_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
So what is the root cause of this? Just extended idle times or is it caused by using sub-par oil, lack of oil, emissions not being deleted, etc? What brand of oil was in that thing? Penzoil? LOL

So what is the root cause of this? Just extended idle times or is it caused by using sub-par oil, lack of oil, emissions not being deleted, etc? What brand of oil was in that thing? Penzoil? LOL

Extended idle, excessive regens,broken down oil... 60-80k miles worth of horrible conditions on the oil.

When the 6.4's first came out, one of the techs I worked with got one and it went through three engines in under 200k. The truck idled the entire time it was on a site.

Get rid of the regen cycle, and you alleviate this big time

I must say, I have never seen that much sludge in a valve train ever. Someone needs their ass kicked over that!

if it was a company truck why would he be at fault, they should be going in for regular service, unless it was setup that all maintenance was required to be done by the driver

if it was a company truck why would he be at fault, they should be going in for regular service, unless it was setup that all maintenance was required to be done by the driver

When I worked for a company where we had company issued service trucks, we were required to keep up the maintenance on them. They had a unit number just like our gas compressor units.

Now, if it's a fleet situation where multiple guys are driving the same truck, you usually have a fleet manager who is ultimately responsible for stuff like this.

I'm guessing the driver was the only one in that truck and was required to maintain it

You've seen the "effects" of Pennzoil too, huh? Wax everywhere!

Id love to see the insides of the engines in our trucks some time. Hard running + cheap oil + Fram filters + 10000 mile oil changes certainly seems the perfect storm to me.

Last edited:
looks like the inside of every engine i have seen that uses Amsoil, after about 30K miles it turns into the first pics and that sludge doesnt come off with gas.

Back