Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #21
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy69 View Post
thanks a lot big blue.i talked to dave at georend today and he told me i would be better off sending him the vb so he could make it a full manual and me taking his vb thats meant to run off a pcm is just not liking it,plus the tv lever wired open isnt helping he said. so im sending him the valvebody to get reworked for a full manual and then im going to pickup a tv cable i suppose. problem is wont i have hanged shifts at low rpm shifts on the street since ill be running a tv cable and the manual vb?
I'm not sure what you're asking here, but I'll give my input.

I'm running a full manual, that still utilizes the pressure sensor. I can't LU or OD if my pressure is too low. I like it like that, kinda like a little safety feature. I kept the functional tv so I can keep shifts decent when putting around in low speed zones. I still keep LU and OD on switches, computer has no control over them.

You could go constant pressure, and not need any wiring except voltage to and ground from LU and OD.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #22
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeismad View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking here, but I'll give my input.

I'm running a full manual, that still utilizes the pressure sensor. I can't LU or OD if my pressure is too low. I like it like that, kinda like a little safety feature. I kept the functional tv so I can keep shifts decent when putting around in low speed zones. I still keep LU and OD on switches, computer has no control over them.

You could go constant pressure, and not need any wiring except voltage to and ground from LU and OD.
So with your TV cable still being used,low speed low throttle shifts with your manual vb are still quick there just not as firm?is that what your saying? I see what your doing still using the pcm with the governor and you just eliminated your pcm from having control over lockup and od by running them to switches. My only thing with a constant pressure vb is I'm not sure how much I would like that on the street.whats your opinion?

Old 11-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #23
madmikeismad

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
So with your TV cable still being used,low speed low throttle shifts with your manual vb are still quick there just not as firm?is that what your saying? I see what your doing still using the pcm with the governor and you just eliminated your pcm from having control over lockup and od by running them to switches. My only thing with a constant pressure vb is I'm not sure how much I would like that on the street.whats your opinion?
They're still quick, but they're quicker when I get up in rpm lol. And yes, they aren't as violent this way. I haven't ran a constant pressure yet, I also do not think I'd like it on the street, especially when towing.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 AM   #24
thatguy69

Member`s Gallery
What shifter are you using?any pics of the setup?

Old 11-22-2014, 03:26 AM   #25
madmikeismad

Member`s Gallery
cheetah. I can't find any pictures. I can get one though.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #26
thatguy69

Member`s Gallery
im more curious to the way you have the linkage setup at the transmission if you have any pics of that

Old 11-22-2014, 04:57 AM   #27
madmikeismad

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
im more curious to the way you have the linkage setup at the transmission if you have any pics of that
That came with the shifter. Extremely simple. just a clamp on the line right above the rear of the pan, and it clips onto the linkage arm on the side of the trans. I'll get a picture.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:03 AM   #28
thatguy69

Member`s Gallery
I got the b&m megashifter so I'm guessing mines differant.i don't really like the way mines setup

Old 12-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #29
thatguy69

Member`s Gallery
sent the valvebody to georend and decided to go full manual.i also ordered up a tv cable so ill be installing that also. hopefully with a tv cable installed i wont have anymore stalling issue's.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #30
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
sent the valvebody to georend and decided to go full manual.i also ordered up a tv cable so ill be installing that also. hopefully with a tv cable installed i wont have anymore stalling issue's.
I think you're going to be happy with what you're doing.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #31
thatguy69

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
I think you're going to be happy with what you're doing.
i think so to,its the best of both worlds i think but maybe its just me. really having a hard time getting this ratchet shifter mounted perfectly how i want it.ive made about 3 differant mounts and locations so far and still dont like either the looks or functionality of any of them.

Closed Thread