Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
KingS

Name: KingS
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Please read thanks

Hey I posted a wanted to buy in the wanted to buy section I'm mentioning it here because I know alot don't look there so please sledd puller guys and others who have went to the 4x4 posi loc setup please take a look and be honest if you pm me I don't need to waste time with junk. for my families sake in the snow and thanks. it is titled 4x4 actuator. thanks

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Old 12-30-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
SmokinCummins

Name: SmokinCummins
Member`s Gallery
The factory setup works fine. No advantage in the posilock other than to replace a broken vacuum unit.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
KingS

Member`s Gallery
I like the factory that is why I was asking the guys that have switched what they did with the stock they took off because it is going to cost me 350 dollars to replace mine from dealer and I don't have that much right now my work is been dead. and I need it to be fixed before we get another snow storm and me and the family can't get out or to the store do to the fact that I don't have 4x4 and if I get some work I can't pull my trailer in the snow in 2x2 truck just doesn't move tires just spin.

Mine bent the rod on the actuator and won't engage any more and it wore the shift fork because it didn't slide to disengage all the way so the one side of the shift fork rubbed and it wore out.

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Old 12-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
Ridemywideglide

Name: Ridemywideglide
Title: Diesel NON-Pro
Member`s Gallery
Hit quad4x4.com I think they had them for around $150.
1996 2500 CTD, Ext Cab SLT 4x4, 5 spd, 3:55's, 285/75/16's, Ultralite EGT, Boost & Fuel Pressure guages. Moded AFC, 191 DV's, Marine Cam, 5x012's, HX35, BHAF.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
tony597fitter

Name: tony597fitter
Title: Tax Payer
Member`s Gallery
The posilok is nice also if you do alot of towing. You get the 2wd LOW for reverse when backing trailers up.
I just bought one, and havent installed it yet. I goy mine off Ebay for $150.

Proud to be a UNION Pipe Fitter Local 597 Chicago.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
KingS

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemywideglide
Hit quad4x4.com I think they had them for around $150.

they are 169 but still the cheapest dealer is 247 around me and 60 to 100 for the shift fork and they only want 25 for the shift fork nice web site find thanks I think I will go that route only 214 after shipping but if some one has a actuator sitting around that is good let me know today other wise I think I'm ordering this from that web site like I said I need my 4x4 working fast and cheap so I can get to the woods to cut wood to heat the house so I don't spend money on LP gas and so I can pull my trailier for work and get the family around when the road are bad even 2 inches on the ground and my truck hates trying to move in 2x2

old truck1996 cclb 4x4
12 secs truck

Closed Thread