The demise of 2.6?

That's your choice but we both know you won't do it. No advantage to spending that money because your turbine wheel won't fit and the comp wheel is the same anyway. It's still cheaper and more durable. I didn't say they couldn't be built.

Machine this, machine that... recast s400 turbine housings.

I am pretty sure I won't do it LOL, however others will.

It is pulling you cant use affordable in the same sentence LOL. 2.5 class really isn't affordable when it is knocking on 1000HP. When folks put $50k in a truck does a saving $5k in a turbo really save that much money?

Last edited:
Only people that will is the ones that have backing support that screwed the class up anyway.

Last edited:
Only real chance of a 2.6" class sticking around in PPL is if they make it smooth bore and it replaces the current 2.5" class.

^^^^^^^^agreed......I guess the thought of losing the training wheels is just to much for some.

Maybe some should stop being a ***** and run single tires if they want. Don't matter to me. I hooked 25 times on one ring and pinion. ig you want to win you have to gamble alittle it.

There is no need for name calling I think we are all adult here. The problem is the promoters are sick of having to fork trucks off the track because they destroyed the driveline. And im glad got 25 hooks in on one but around here most of us were lucky to get a few in before the r/p started to crack or let loose.

There is no need for name calling I think we are all adult here. The problem is the promoters are sick of having to fork trucks off the track because they destroyed the driveline. And im glad got 25 hooks in on one but around here most of us were lucky to get a few in before the r/p started to crack or let loose.

Well I wasn't calling you names. And besides, you started it. HAHA. with saying that it's just too much for some to understand and change the training wheels. That wasn't a jab at me? Just firmly stating why I don't think things should change. 1000-1100 horse does not seem to bust ring and pinions even with duals. 1250-1350 seem to a bunch. So unless your up there with what I call Haisley power, then why change the tires. The ones who need to change for ppl will. Great. Doesn't mean we need too. Keep the power level down around 1100 by limiting the turbo to a s400 and everything else can stay the same. We don't need to reinvent the wheel just yet.

Well I wasn't calling you names. And besides, you started it. HAHA. with saying that it's just too much for some to understand and change the training wheels. That wasn't a jab at me? Just firmly stating why I don't think things should change. 1000-1100 horse does not seem to bust ring and pinions even with duals. 1250-1350 seem to a bunch. So unless your up there with what I call Haisley power, then why change the tires. The ones who need to change for ppl will. Great. Doesn't mean we need too. Keep the power level down around 1100 by limiting the turbo to a s400 and everything else can stay the same. We don't need to reinvent the wheel just yet.

Limiting to a s400 isn't much of a limit.

Limiting to a s400 isn't much of a limit.

No maybe not. But as I said I like the 2.6 class. I don't want to Change it just modify it some. I fought the protrusion thing but decided to jump on the wagon with everybody else. Figured out I was wasting my breath. Probably like I'm still doing now. But I can't not fight to keep a class the same. I thought this was about 2.6. Anyway Not PPL. We Allready determined they need to do what's best for them. I like pushing the limits of a pickup. Maybe I'm alone on this but I was sure there are a lot more 2.6 pullers than just the 25 PPL trucks.

Last edited:
I've got my PPL shirt on that says they will do whatever they want to keep promoters paying for classes. They don't care to see the sport grow by having 30+ at events. They want 12 solid running, not going to blow apart and hit some poor spectator, truck/tractors in each class.

If you don't like the PPL rules then don't pull with them. If the organizations that you pull with use there rules then change them.

S400 limit doesnt help anything IMO as there are already s400 frame 2.6 chargers out there that make just as much if not more power than a hx60 and s500.

Yep I have friends that pull tractors and they seem to have figured it out years ago. For some reason truck pullers can't figure it out and like the everyone for there self approach.

Back