EGTs through the roof

admorgan1911

Heres what we got 96 12 valve had a bunch done to it have since went back to stock injectors. factory delivery valves, has 4ks, stock turbo ported exhaust side stock pump. This thing will get to 1800 degrees when layed into. Have check for boost leaks with no leaks found boost will run 45 when laying into it. so i guess the question what caused egts to get so hot and also cause a haze at idle in gear and through take off thanks.

I have swapped my injectors back to stock ones to eliminate those and as far as ported I mean on the exhaust side of the head have hogged out the pockets and smoothed runners. My two things that I'm debating between is ijection pump and turbo I have other factory chargers laying around and thought about throwing one of those on just to see. The wastegate has been blocked on this truck for years.

No the turbo comes to life quickly but then gets are right up there too. With timing at pin time I get a constant haze while driving just cruzing but no smoke in gear idling. If I crank timing up to 20 22 I get smoke at idle but not while cruzing.

Last edited:
How did it run before it went back to stock? Are you using the copper washers with the stock delivery valves. When its up to 45lbs boost at wot how hard is it smoking.

You could tighten the wastegate arm as tight as possible and see if it gets better, if it does pull the cover and take a look at it.

It runs damn good just gets hot. Once it's up and going smoke is very minimal for being at full throttle. As far as copper washers on DV I don't remember it's been awhile since put stocks back in it. Guess I'll pull charger next and take a look in there and check wastegate

What elevation do you live it? I just ask because I notice big difference between my 7200' and my parents 1200'. Are you running a fuel plate? Are you sure they were stock? Did you happen to count the holes in the nozzle?

Back