Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
02 dodge4x4 5.9

Name: 02 dodge4x4 5.9
Title: Not Through Yet
Member`s Gallery
? oil burner

got an 96 club cab dually problem is she started useing lots of oil last day used run 6 gallons threw her in like 200 miles
of highway
thing is you drive it easy an barely uses any oil
think might be a ring or something plugged up?

Old 10-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
6 Gallons in 200 Miles?? Dang are you sure you don't have a bad leak??

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 10-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
02 dodge4x4 5.9

Name: 02 dodge4x4 5.9
Title: Not Through Yet
Member`s Gallery
lol
yea we looked everywhere

Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Dang man thats a lot of oil..

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 10-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
MD-LUCKY

Name: MD-LUCKY
Title: Difficult To Pronounce...
Member`s Gallery
How does the blowby tube look?

I would think a compression test is a must at this point. What happens if you let the truck sit at idle?

If you put your hand over the blowby tube do you feel a ton of pressure coming out?

Old 10-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
pwerwagn

Name: pwerwagn
Title: STFU!
Member`s Gallery
Mine does kinda the same thing. If I run 80+ mph empty, I use a gallon every 120miles or so. Yet if I run 90mph with a load on it, nada, nothing. driving around town, none either.
Only empty and over 80mph. Im going to put another breather assy in the fill tube and cross my fingers.

Im pretty sure mine is due to worn rings. been at 2000* EGT a few hundred to many times, plus it has 200K miles on it. But I dont want to do a compression check, just dont wanna know!!!
Ignorance is bliss.....

If I were you, I'd check 2 things:
First check the breather for obstructions.
Second, and the most common problem: Check all your vaccuum lines. Mine had a vaccuum leak once and used a ton more oil. The vaccuum pump discharges into the crank case, pressurizing it if there is a leak. It will cause a poor ring seal, as well as more crankcase pressure.
It is the most likely culprit....and mine still operated the HVAC stuff and 4wd fine with the leak.

--Jeff

Closed Thread