Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
245guytam

Name: 245guytam
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Vids From SWWI Puller 2.6 Friday Night Churnin Dirt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxFWJ...hannel&list=UL

Here's vids from out 2.6 Class Friday night. We had 5 trucks that did not pass tech 4 of them pulled expedition at the begining of the class. The 4 did not that tech had two large of chargers and the 5th truck had an illegal hitch (hand throttle and fuel cell in the weight box) and was offered to pull expedition but declined. The 4 expedition trucks are not in this video. I believe we still had 10 trucks in the class and Jamie Larse got 1st, Kevin B 2nd, Ryan D 3rd and Lisa Ule 4th. I will try and get the rest of the results up later.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
245guytam

Member`s Gallery

Vids from Saturday night 2.6 SWWI. Again we had about 5 trucks that did not pass tech and they are not in the video. Jamie Larse won the class on Saturday night also.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
245guytam

Member`s Gallery
SWWI Puller Potosi WI August 11th 6:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will have all three of our classes tractors, gas trucks, and 2.6 diesel. 2.6 diesel guys there will be no expedition hooks if you don't pass tech you will not pull so be prepared. Please, if there are any questions, definition or clarification on the rules call me. Remember what I posted on the website months ago was that we were using rules similar to PPL National Rules. I hope by this date three or four of our new 2.6 trucks(Jeff, Chris, Logan, and Gabe) that are being built will be ready for this pull. Thank you, Guy 608-632-3178

Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
BlackStroker

Name: BlackStroker
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If your using PPL rules, hand throttle and fuel cell placement should not have been an issue.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStroker View Post
If your using PPL rules, hand throttle and fuel cell placement should not have been an issue.
using rules similar to PPL National Rules you miss that part? lol

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
BlackStroker

Name: BlackStroker
Member`s Gallery
That seems to be a reoccuring issue with many organizations. They want to take a set of rules that are used at national type event, moddify them to suit a couple people, then disallow outsiders or new guys to pull with them because they dont meet rules (ie. Dans hitch thread). It would be nice to have a set of rules that were concerned more with safety and putting a good show, than rules that are written around how some peoples trucks are currently setup (so dont change the rules because I dont want to change my truck).

Old 07-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Member`s Gallery
My understanding is using ppl's rule for the turbo and allow dual fuelers and gut interiors. Last years rules were true 2.6 full interiors and no dual fuelers and such. As for dans truck he was told by others his truck wouldnt pass and the pres, of the club told him before hand it wouldnt pass. And my thought is dan knew so and thats one other reason he showed up a hour late almost thinking they wouldnt care and let his truck pass. Also the club agreed his hitch was illegal for the club among the other things (ie fuel cell up front and hand throttle). And he wasnt pushed away from not hooking he was told he could hook but not for points or money but he loaded up and left.

Also no rules are suited to a couple peoples trucks others may think so but they are not

Ramtough | Teespring

Closed Thread