Driveshaft nv271 issue

Leviathon

I hate to be this guy but I only have access to a shop for 3 days to do my 4wd swap which includes a 271 case swap. Would anyone that has a 271 swap with a nv4500 be willing to go measure the rear driveshaft and tell me what I need to have it cut too? I already bought the flange I'm just trying to make it drive out n be prepared for when I go in. Thank you to whoever can do it!! It would really be appreciated!

You can't take the shaft all apart and mock it up in the truck, without the tube, to come up with a measurement?
Another way is figuring the difference in length between the 2 t-cases.
Measure from the front mounting surface at the trans, to the tail end of the t-case.

Mark.

If you don't measure as it sits in the truck it will be off and inch or two, always seems to work out that way.

Here is the best I can measure without removing my driveshaft loops.
From Ford flange on transfer case to the center of the bottom side of the hanger bearing is 27-7/8”.
From that point on hanger bearing to the front u-joint is 9-3/8”. My slip joint is between the hanger bearing and the front u-joint.
From the front u-joint to the rear u-joint is 39-5/8”.
My driveshaft shop may have measurements on file. I could give you the phone number, if you want to pursue it further.

Back