Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
smokengoat

Name: smokengoat
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
2.6 class rocks and you do to PT

I love my Street Truck

Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #22
squizz

Name: squizz
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokengoat View Post
2.6 class rocks and you do to PT

I love my Street Truck
you guys had a good hook at outville! the orange truck petered out

Old 07-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
Up N Smoke

Name: Up N Smoke
Member`s Gallery
us to be i could get a 50ft pass and still beat you nice hook

Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #24
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
2.6 class is just about perfect as-is IMO. I'm trying my best to get in it and I have no hallucinations about thinking I'll be real competitive because of what all it does take to do so but man I can't hardly wait!!

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
DarrenKrueger

Name: DarrenKrueger
Title: STRAIGHT SIX SLED PULLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97' CTD View Post
Your opening statement puts you in the complainer class right?
Brandon
i guess..... just pointing out how good of an idea it is to pull daily drivers with purpose built pulling trucks chill out fred sanford

Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Member`s Gallery
I like the 2.6 class love to pull in it and watch it. 2.6 has turned in to what it is because of the guy that rights the rules. I for one can say i started out with my truck as a DD in less the a year and a half it lives on a trailer or in the shop. Motorsports takes money. The guy that spends the most tends to win, some time carnage takes place in the guy that on a budget gets his win.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #27
PTPULLINCHASSIS

Name: PTPULLINCHASSIS
Title: DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
Member`s Gallery
Thanks to all that have responded so far. I just wanted to get some opinions on this topic and the 2.6 class in general. I will be having a rules meeting this fall/winter for the c.o.t.p.c. 2.6 class to see where we want to go w/ the class in the coming years....and it won't be backwards! We will also discuss locking the rules for 2-5years if we think that is possible.

THANKS AGAIN
PT

Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #28
Tony R

Name: Tony R
Title: New Build is For Sale.
Member`s Gallery
Hey Jason what would you think about changing the Pro street diesel class to a open driveline 3.0 charger no bushing class. I am not complaing at all as i truck pull as a hobby not to make a living. I have noticed a steady decline in pullers in this class over the years and would like to see more trucks jump up in it.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
97' CTD

Name: 97' CTD
Title: FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPULLINCHASSIS View Post
Thanks to all that have responded so far. I just wanted to get some opinions on this topic and the 2.6 class in general. I will be having a rules meeting this fall/winter for the c.o.t.p.c. 2.6 class to see where we want to go w/ the class in the coming years....and it won't be backwards! We will also discuss locking the rules for 2-5years if we think that is possible.

THANKS AGAIN
PT
Winner Winner Winner!!!
Brandon

Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
Smoke

Name: Smoke
Title: VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP View Post
Only if it has fenders and is atleast a 1 ton.
Fenders and suspension does not define a dual WHEEL truck. Period.

Locking in rules is a good idea but hard to do with as much technology and other changes coming out every year. Not sure where people are at that the 2.6 class is not a trailer queen class already but it sure can't be from anywhere around where we pull in kentucky. Anything can be drove on the street. Common sense and driveability usually keep these trucks off the street because they do not belong there. That's just my , though.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #31
outlaw99

Name: outlaw99
Member`s Gallery
Agreed pt. I am slowly making the transition from hot street truck..lol to puller, I though it is possible to have a street truck when, when in reality its not, im sorry but there wont be one person who can honestly say they have a street truck winning in cotpc. I drive my truck maybe 2-3 times a week at the most, its a pain in the ass I have to turn box's down, take off weights and bump stops and worrie about breaking racing my buddies 15 sec. honda.. its not fun anymore to do that..

TOOPS PERFORMANCE
IN HOUSE DYNO TUNING
EFI LIVE/UDC TUNING CUMMINS

03-04.5 efi conversions

Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #32
squizz

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw99 View Post
Agreed pt. I am slowly making the transition from hot street truck..lol to puller, I though it is possible to have a street truck when, when in reality its not, im sorry but there wont be one person who can honestly say they have a street truck winning in cotpc. I drive my truck maybe 2-3 times a week at the most, its a pain in the ass I have to turn box's down, take off weights and bump stops and worrie about breaking racing my buddies 15 sec. honda.. its not fun anymore to do that..
Exactly the top runnin trucks arent street driven without doing a buch of work. I know for a fact that my orange couldnt be driven on the street.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #33
SPEAKSUP

Name: SPEAKSUP
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Fenders and suspension does not define a dual WHEEL truck. Period.

Locking in rules is a good idea but hard to do with as much technology and other changes coming out every year. Not sure where people are at that the 2.6 class is not a trailer queen class already but it sure can't be from anywhere around where we pull in kentucky. Anything can be drove on the street. Common sense and driveability usually keep these trucks off the street because they do not belong there. That's just my , though.
I know what make's it a dually but what are they sold as remember most rules state it must be OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw99 View Post
Funny I actually saw your truck on 270 North around Robert's road before the season started.

PT it is a Great class I enjoy going and watching. Other then somebody better step their game up or Give up if you keep letting Gainer win

To me pulling in General is starting to slowly become like Nascar. As far as sponsors giant trailers etc.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #34
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
WOW!!!

Squizz, You are my HERO! Someone that will tell the truth! Can I run dual wheels on the front of my chevy luv?
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #35
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
If someone swapped in a duallybed and rearend how exactly would you even tell if it was factory or not. The only difference between our 02 6spd dually and srw truck is the rearend everthing else is the same. Unless techs are gonna start looking at vin numbers. I like the 2.6 class you can only make so much power with a 2.6 inducer and also with some using the 1/8 inch protrusion rule. It keeps it so drivetrain is staying under trucks which is a problem with 2.8 class. So its a no brainer build a 2.6 truck or a open driveline truck.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #36
Smoke

Name: Smoke
Title: VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP View Post
I know what make's it a dually but what are they sold as remember most rules state it must be OEM...
Three words, Cab and chassis.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #37
squizz

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingpuller View Post
Squizz, You are my HERO! Someone that will tell the truth! Can I run dual wheels on the front of my chevy luv?
Wow thanks i dont think ive ever been anyones hero

Closed Thread