Big injector driveability

lnimmo77

Search never works
Ok, so how reliable/driveable are Exergy 105% injectors gonna be? I am taking the family to the beach which is roughly 7+ hours away, and I would like to use my truck. Is there any risks of prolonged driving on engines with nozzles this large? First, yes I used the search and got nothing. Thanks again for the info in advance.

There is problem running injectors that size for that long. If you can drive it around town, you can drive it anywhere.

That seems to be it. Even with the hog's i'm running with a low pressure injection pump, the normal driving doesn't change. If you feel comfortable not smoking out the cop behind you at a red-light, you're in good shape.

I have 40k on flux 5.x's....40k on flux 3.3's...and a ton of miles on two other smaller fluxs...

If it is tuned and turbo'd right...your golden. My truck has been a truck doing real truck things for near 200k....nada issues.

I have 40k on flux 5.x's....40k on flux 3.3's...and a ton of miles on two other smaller fluxs...

If it is tuned and turbo'd right...your golden. My truck has been a truck doing real truck things for near 200k....nada issues.

the tuning is the PPE Hot+2, with the Dr. P turned off for road driving. for turbos it's the MPI SS 64 over s480w/ race cover. Sound good for the trip with the PPE on level 1?

the tuning is the PPE Hot+2, with the Dr. P turned off for road driving. for turbos it's the MPI SS 64 over s480w/ race cover. Sound good for the trip with the PPE on level 1?

I am with cquestad, although not as many miles. I daily drive the 04.5 with Flux 5s, same compounds listed above. Recently drove from Houston to central Indiana w / EZ on 2, TST on 5/3. No problems.

I am with cquestad, although not as many miles. I daily drive the 04.5 with Flux 5s, same compounds listed above. Recently drove from Houston to central Indiana w / EZ on 2, TST on 5/3. No problems.

what kind of mileage on that trip?

what kind of mileage on that trip?

59 up from Houston to Arkansas wasn't exactly all highway with stop and go through small towns, but the rest was all interstate.

Kept my foot out of it, ran a hand calculated 15.6. Considering the truck ran stock at 14.5 I am pretty happy with it. My nonscientific two bits says bigger injectors won't effect consistent highway driving mpg, and an aftermarket cam helps considerably.

I think you will be in real good shape, hell i'd turn it up a bit more on the open highway.
any idea what kind of power your putting out?

I think you will be in real good shape, hell i'd turn it up a bit more on the open highway.
any idea what kind of power your putting out?

I'm hopin to be around 800+. The head is completely ported/polished by enterprise with the plenum shaved off, intake ported, and a one piece billet intake on. I'm hopin with the added air flow, this show be very doable. I am going to see at the dyno event in Sarver April 2nd, so we'll see. After the salt is done, I'll take her out and do some hand calculating to and from work.

Back