12v injectors

rjrandy96

I have plans to build up my 12v to put in 93 ford but don’t have all of the fund for the whole thing at the moment. My eventual build plan is
362sxe over 476sxe or 480sxe
188/220 cam
Ported head
165 Hamilton valve springs
Hamilton pushrods
625 arps
Fire ring
AFC live
Built NV4500 triple disc sintered clutch
Benched 215 pump from PDD around 550-600 cc
Balanced bottom end
Shot penned and hardened rods.
Girdle
My main question comes to injectors, the engine isn’t being built right now but will most likely get built in 2 years. I only have so much money as of the moment and would like to get it in my obs and running. I want to use 5x.018 injectors but my clutch that I got for a steel is only rated for 650hp I’m wondering if with the stock 180 I have now could I sled the plate back enough or with afc live turned down to keep the power down around 500? because all I have is that 650 clutch and the 362sxe for air. My eventual power goal is 800+ might change up turbos later on for sled pulling in 2.5 class but mainly just want it for a toy and to go play in the mud and drive on the streets on the weekends

I've never seen the stock 180 injectors make it past ~430hp on a 12mm pump.

And I'd ping PDD about how that pump will like such small nozzles. That's a really small orifice to push that much fuel through. My guess is it'll limit pump life.

I've never seen the stock 180 injectors make it past ~430hp on a 12mm pump.

And I'd ping PDD about how that pump will like such small nozzles. That's a really small orifice to push that much fuel through. My guess is it'll limit pump life.

I meant the stock pump with the bigger injectors they are on sale right now is why I’m pushing to get the injectors sooner than later. If I can’t make the 5x.18 get down on the power side I’ll probaly go with 5x16 but I basically refuse to go any lower

Back