gauge buzzing?

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
My fuel pressure gauge is buzzing constantly, and it's more annoying than anything! it is mechanical and there is no isolator, it jumps a little too when i hit bumps, and when I turn the key on it smacks 30psi then goes back to zero?

it used to just go to around 20psi then back to zero? the gauge is about a year or two old? what is the warranty or how can we get this fixed? I hooked an old gauge up and it didn't do this!

thanks

I thinks that your gauge is find you need to cut the flow down to the gauge with a valve of some sort. Your injectortion pump is causing the buzzing. hope this help.

Yes, VP44 trucks are known for putting pulsations on the fuel pressure. Best bet is to install a needle valve before the gauge line, and crank it down until the noise is eliminated. Some gauges will have more mechanical friction in the mechanism than others, and may not exhibit the buzzing. In most cases, another "tighter" gauge will loosen up over time as it is exposed to the pump pulsations, and begin buzzing as well.

A good needle valve is NAPA/Weatherhead part number WH6820.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I have had a coulpe isspro gauges everyone rattled,fluctuatted and acted crazy they seemed to be cheap built I quit runnin them and started runnin diprcols and love them

what about the jumping when hitting bumps? the guage fluctuates around 5psi or so?

Is this on a 30 psi gauge? If so, then that is more than I expected, there may be something loose in the gauge. Who did you order it through?

Please note that damage from the pulsations is one of the reasons we recommend using an isolator on fuel pressure gauges, but I'll see what we can do about covering you on warranty. Please PM me your contact info.

I have had a coulpe isspro gauges everyone rattled,fluctuatted and acted crazy they seemed to be cheap built I quit runnin them and started runnin diprcols and love them

What series of ISSPRO gauges were these? Did you send them back under warranty? Did they do this from the beginning?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I wonder if we are all talking about the same kindof buzz....? it is loud and annoying as hell, to the point i wanna unhook it? I figured it could be a defect or something else, the weird thing is, It started this, and it gets quieter with pressure drop and then comes back! I think the guage is on it's way out!

I have the Isspro guages and an Air Dog. I had this buzzing issue running a ss braided line from CP3 to an isolator, loud as hell at 1800-2800RPM. I ask a heavy truck mechanic to look at it, he pinpointed it right away. The braided line was transmitting vibes form the Air Dog/and or the CP3 to the islolator. He recomended rubber isolators from an MSD ignition box (local autoparts store $15.00 for 4). I isolated the isolator and the noise went away. I think a rubber hose rather than the braided line would also cure this issue. Hope this helps.

What series of ISSPRO gauges were these? Did you send them back under warranty? Did they do this from the beginning?

Regards,
Michael Pliska
mine was a black face with orange neddle dont know the serries i bought it from shield at the farm show and took out my autometer and installed the isspro and it rattled all the way home and did til i sold it what about this new promaxx series does it do data loggin currios to know for sled pullin

Thanks Mike! the new gauge works flawlessly! I will send mine back ASAP
Glad we could help! I'll be curious to see why yours ended up so loose.

mine was a black face with orange neddle dont know the serries i bought it from shield at the farm show and took out my autometer and installed the isspro and it rattled all the way home and did til i sold it what about this new promaxx series does it do data loggin currios to know for sled pullin

Sorry, I missed this post before! We have a smaller orfice available for the gauges which cures most issues.

The Performax series has peak value recall as a standard feature, and you can optionally get a PC-based datalogging system. I pasted a write-up below.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

EV² vs. Performax™
The Performax and EV² series share many attributes: Stepper motor movements, LED backlighting, and solid-state sensors. The EV² individual gauges cost more than the Performax counterparts, since the gauge must contain the processing power, while the Performax processing power is mostly in the ESP controller. The Performax series uses an underhood controller (the ESP) which connects to all the sensors (so you don't have to run all those sensor wires through your firewall). There are 3 common wires which run to all of your gauges (up to 17 total), simplifying your wiring and allowing you to move gauges around to any location. The Performax system also includes the Total Recall™ feature, which provides the ability to view the extreme values of all functions connected to the Performax system. For most functions, the stored value is the maximum value, but on fuel system pressures (Fuel, HPOP, and Rail Pressure), the lowest value while under load is recorded (requires the use of Performax boost gauge sensor). This allows you to focus on driving down the dragstrip or pulling track, keeping it in the groove instead of trying to see if your fuel pressure is dipping at the end.

The ISSPRO Performax PC Datalogger is an optional interface module and software package which allows your Windows-based PC to record all of the data being read from the sensors connected to the Performax ESP controller.

The module connects to the gauge wiring in place of one gauge (or you can wire in an additional gauge connector in a convenient spot for the module), then connects via the included cord to the USB port of your PC.

The software displays actual values for all sensors connected to the ESP while it is logging (there is a start/stop button on the screen). When logging, the software writes to a comma-separated-value (CSV) file to be opened up in Microsoft Excel (or a similar program). The data is logged for each channel at 5 samples per second. You can use your spreadsheet (e.g., MS Excel) features to analyze and graph the results.

The data is logged for all sensors connected to the Performax ESP, regardless of whether a corresponding gauge is installed. You can have all 17 channels connected to sensors for datalogging, even if you only have room for 3 gauges in your truck.

If you are not interested in the Total Recall or PC Datalogger features, then EV² is the likely choice when installing 3 or fewer gauges. For more gauges, the Performax system is more cost effective, especially when installation time is taken into account.

Pyrometer temperature compensation
One significant benefit of ISSPRO Performax™ and EV² gauge systems is the temperature compensated pyrometer, unique in automotive pyrometers.

Conventional pyrometers just measure the difference in temperature between the probe tip and the leadwire end (typically at the gauge head). The industry standard is to calibrate on the assumption that the gauge head is at 70° F. In an enclosed cab on a hot day with a dark colored interior, a gauge can reach well over 170° F and will be very slow to cool off (the pods act as a good insulator). This will result in your pyro displaying a temperature over 100° F cooler than the actual temperature, in conditions where you are likely to see high temperatures. Because of this inherent inaccuracy, ISSPRO Performax and EV² pyrometers utilize temperature compensation circuits and show the actual probe tip temperature.

Back