$500 bet

The ford will go into regen and lose LOL

j/k.... actually, im going to go against my own ford roots right now...... I hope that slow8 ford gets his ass handed to him simply because the fact he bought banks. Go dodge!

i hate to say it but the ford probably has him .. 5spd(shift time n possible los in boost vs an auto w/ no boost lose and a quick shift time + 370s (known for making heat not good power), 16mm housing (lag)

:doh: I don't get why people keep claiming these Fords are "slow" or any newer stock diesel truck for that matter. For stock trucks they go pretty good.

No, No, they dont,, it isnt even close between a new ford and my chevy. In the situation of this thread he will probably win with the ford, but against any other new diesel, it will get its but handed to it.... drive one, then drive a new chevy or a 6.7... stock to stock, the chevys are still the king for racing....

Kevin

I think the dodge will pull him from a roll as long as he can get from 4th to 5th without much trouble. And I think the dodge would have a fighting chance if he can launch it good in 3rd gear and shift good from there. Id bet the dodge has him in the power department, so if he can shift that might save him.

The ford will go into regen and lose LOL

j/k.... actually, im going to go against my own ford roots right now...... I hope that slow8 ford gets his ass handed to him simply because the fact he bought banks. Go dodge!

But banks is god :bang:hehe:

The dodge will definately win from a roll. If the dodge goes in 3rd and can hit 4th and 5th with no problems he will spank the ford. If he can get a good launch and throw gears I think he can get him at the track too. The new fords suck along with all fords.

o no i hope i dont see gale tonight. will he kill me with all his nitrous bottles haha. i really hope the dodge wins just to show his dad tht a 6000 dollar truck with 1000 dollars in mods can still be better than a 40,000 dollar truck with 1000- 1500 dollars in mods.

No, No, they dont,, it isnt even close between a new ford and my chevy. In the situation of this thread he will probably win with the ford, but against any other new diesel, it will get its but handed to it.... drive one, then drive a new chevy or a 6.7... stock to stock, the chevys are still the king for racing....

Kevin

I have driven one of the 08' 6.4 trucks and there definately not slow. I didn't claim it was outrageously fast or the quickest truck out there. I'm not a Ford guy at all but too call this truck slow is stupid.

I guess it is a relative term, compared to everything else that is available right now, yes it is slow. I think that it might be quicker than an early model 3rd gen dodge (305 555 engine) and definately quicker than a stock 2nd gen... but I know for a fact that it wont keep up with a duramax stock to stock, and I am fairly confident that it wont keep up with a 6.7 either.

Kevin

O.k.

Enough speculation.

Race 'em, take some video, and lets see how it goes.

I'll put 10.00 on the Cummins for principle.LOL

I guess it is a relative term, compared to everything else that is available right now, yes it is slow. I think that it might be quicker than an early model 3rd gen dodge (305 555 engine) and definately quicker than a stock 2nd gen... but I know for a fact that it wont keep up with a duramax stock to stock, and I am fairly confident that it wont keep up with a 6.7 either.

Kevin

I have yet to drive a 6.7 but I will certainly agree a Duramax is much quicker.

o no i hope i dont see gale tonight. will he kill me with all his nitrous bottles haha. i really hope the dodge wins just to show his dad tht a 6000 dollar truck with 1000 dollars in mods can still be better than a 40,000 dollar truck with 1000- 1500 dollars in mods.

He will nitrous you to death. haha

Has anyone seen this banks tuner? My dads been waiting for them to come out for a year and still no luck, the only things available are the exhaust and intake. So I'm saying the dodge could get him as long as he can shift that dd clutch right. Unless there is some other kind of tuner on the truck.

ford hands down on both..

you would need at least 100 more horses with the manual to catch the ford auto.. and with the programmer, the ford is probably at 340-360 at the wheels or so, and im pretty positive the dodge is at about the same power level, but the manual will kill it...

Even i doubt my 500 horse DD would win by much.... But with a trailer its probably a different story IMHO..

Rick

I think the dodge has more power than the ford. I think its pushing over 400 hp. I think the dodge would win from a roll hands down. If the dodge was an auto it would win both hands down.

Back