Modified SXE cover vs. 3rd gen cover for compounds

xDiesel03

Looking for some dimensional information and recommendations. I went with a S366sxe for a new secondary. What I'm trying to confirm/deny is whether or not the SXE cover with an elbow will meet up with my piping that's setup for a 3rd gen cover?

Or, should I just run the already vbanded 3rd gen cover from my old secondary?

The factory SX-E covers will flow more than the standard non SX-E covers will. I would make the SX-E cover work to get the full flow potential.

I have a side by side set as well and was unable to use the standard cast elbow. I had to get a super tight radius elbow from Rob Winkworth. Then it worked.

From your sig pic it looks like you might have room to use the standard elbow.

Oh thats great to know. About the only downside to that is you would need to have that alteration done should you decide to switch to a 69 or 64.5. And while we're on that topic. I would recommend the 69 over the 66. The exducer on both the 66 and 69 is the same so the difference in response is extremely minimal but the flow potential is so much higher. I would recommend the 64.5 or 69. Not the 66.

But you could also just do the 66 supercore and use the old cover. That would be the simplest route and you won't see much seat of the pants from the switch to the SXE cover.

Last edited:
The exducer on both the 66 and 69 is the same so the difference in response is extremely minimal but the flow potential is so much higher.

At the cost of a higher pressure ratio capability, which is more important than the small gain in flow regarding use in a diesel application.

At the cost of a higher pressure ratio capability, which is more important than the small gain in flow regarding use in a diesel application.

This is why I was more than happy to drop to a 64.5. The 69 had my primary wanting to be the dominate turbo, with the secondary only making around 14-16 psi with overall being 60ish. PR was something like 1.xx from the secondary with almost 5 over all. Now they're more balanced and light together, but it was a fun feeling when the second turbo kicked in.

I hear that as a single. Good point. I guess this is where I'm at. Who cares about max pressure ratio on the secondary? I mean godamn thats a whole helluva lot of power when you are at 4:1+ on the secondary.

IDK if its head flow and bigger injectors or what but my 69 spools well before the 82.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to get anyone to modify the SXE cover to match the old cover v bands and dimensions so I just put the old cover back on and switch from a 0.91 to a 1.0 on the exhaust side.

Back