6.7 stick in a 5.9 hole

I am currently running 6.7 injectors in a 5.9 head, the top of the Injector bore and also the area were the hold down bolts need to be machined down about .100-.120 for a completely unmodified 6.7 injector and holder to fit correctly in a 5.9 head.
If you only machine the bore then you have to modify the hold down. If you don't machine the bore the injector will not seat to the bottom of the bore and you will have a bunch of compression in your return line.
How does it act?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

How does it act?

Fires up with a little puff of white and I had to go single event to make them run good but they are 550%'s so hard to say how a smaller injector would act.
They defiantly make power though, went 8.85 at 158.89 on fuel @6k pounds.

Fires up with a little puff of white and I had to go single event to make them run good but they are 550%'s so hard to say how a smaller injector would act.
They defiantly make power though, went 8.85 at 158.89 on fuel @6k pounds.
I had already decided a single event was the way to go with a CM849. Good to hear from someone running them.

Factory 06 ecm that came on the truck

Thanks man, that's what I figured. There are LOTS of people out there that swear you can't run 6.7 Injectors on a 5.9 ECM... Even when it's been proven that you can.

Thanks man, that's what I figured. There are LOTS of people out there that swear you can't run 6.7 Injectors on a 5.9 ECM... Even when it's been proven that you can.

They defiantly fire different than a 5.9 injector, I went from 450% 5.9's to these 550% 6.7's and it wouldn't even start and idle on the same tune I was running with the 450's.
Took me a good bit to dial them in but got it figured out, really have to dial in timing with them though, I found 70hp just changing my timing from what I was running with the 450's to the 550's.

Back