NEW EFILive Training Classes

StarLite Diesel

EFILive Cummins Tester
Hello everyone....

Dates and times have been arranged for the 2nd EFILive training class at Industrial Injection! This session will be 2 days and will include the "basics" class (same one we did in October) followed by an Advanced class on the 2nd day.

The dates for the Industrial Injection class are a Saturday-Sunday, January 14th-15th. Classes begin at 10 AM each day.

I am also holding a class at New Era Diesel in Ohio, however the dates are TBD. Should be posting the dates and times by Friday, so if you are back east or in the mid-west, this may be the class you want to come to. There will be a single class at New Era, on a Saturday. Timing isn't allowing for an advanced class as well (this trip).

The "basics" course will cover the following, and will be a beginner - intermediate level training on diesel tuning of BOTH GM and CUMMINS - so there will be a little bit for everyone:

EFILive Basics - The software, upgrades, firmware
GM Duramax basics
Cummins basics
Dyno testing tunes created during the course on GM and Cummins trucks
Data Logging, both Cummins and GM

There will be a course handbook provided, but I am encouraging everyone with a laptop to bring it pre-loaded with the latest EFILive software. Those that don't have one will be able to follow along on the projector.

This course is intended to give EFILive owners a leg-up on their own trucks and comfort level with using EFILive software.

Based on the success and excellent feedback of the 26 attendees of the last class, I am also adding an advanced class where we will be skipping the "Basics" and digging straight into tuning 2 heavily modified trucks (a Duramax and a Cummins) on the "Advanced" class day. Previous knowledge of using EFILive will be a must when attending this class.

We will be providing lunch and drinks, as well as special discounts on products from StarLite Diesel and Industrial Injection both.

The cost of the course will be $250 per person for the "Basics" courses, and $300 for the advanced class if taken seperately, -OR- $500 if you register for both at the same time (Industrial Injection only at this time).

Each class is targeted to be 7 hours excluding lunch.

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know. PM me here or email me zach@starlitediesel.com

If you are ready to sign up, you will be able to register and pay here: EFILive Diesel Training

Again, any questions please let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Zach! thanks man I am in ...
I will get registered in the next couple of days...

I have some questions that I will e mail you about!!

thanks man I can't wait!!

Ok...

Just got the January date confirmed for the Class at New Era Diesel, in Zanesville Ohio. It will be January 21st! This class will be capped at 20 participants!

You can pick which class you want to register for from my site: EFILive Diesel Classes

If you have questions about ANY of these classes, dates, material, etc... let me know! Thanks to those of you that have already emailed and signed up!

-->Zach

Glad we got this setup. Everyone please go through starlite's website. We are just providing a place for the class. All sign ups go through Zach.

The 6.7 tuning may be reviewed slightly in the beginner class - depending on the status of the public release. Please keep in mind that currently the 6.7 stuff is really only in beta anyhow. I do plan to try and cover it a little better in teh advanced class - depending on what is publicly available at the time... Since it is in beta currently, and things are bound to change - some of the things i am doing to prepare for the classes include updating the training book I have produced to give to everyone who attends (a reference manual you take home with you)...

That being said, it may be hard to include any information for the 6.7s in that book (due to time it takes to get it produced, etc. amongst other things) - so as a whole, I'm going to say if it is covered - it will only be covered lightly - though many of the concepts learned on the 5.9s should transfer over pretty well...

I know everyone is hungry for information - and i'm doing my best to put it together and share it in a well organized manner and in a way that will be useful after the class....

Definitely open to suggestions though if anyone has them!! I'll do my best to cover what time allows...

The class at New Era Diesel is filling up quick. If you are planning on being there please get signed up before it is to late.

So - updates on the classes...

New Era class is just over half full...

Industrial Classes are about half full...

I have been getting lots of emails about where to stay - so here are the reccomendations i have for both locations:

For the New Era class: (These are about 10 minutes from the shop - which is about 1 hour from the Columbus, OH airport for anyone flying in). These motels are located in Zanesville.

Holiday Inn Express
800-345-8082 This one is about a year old.

Comfort Inn
740-454-4144

Hampton Inn
740-453-6511

For the Industrial Injection classes, these are the closest hotels - but there are plenty in the area if you don't care how close you are (these motels are in Midvale - and are almost a straight shot down the road from Industrial's performance shop as well as a short walk to the Trax light rail line for convenient travelling to downtown Salt Lake):

La Quinta Hotel
801-566-3291

Days Inn Midvale
801-566-6677

Motel 6
801-561-0058

If you have questions about the classes or lodging, let me know and i will try to answer what I can!

Updates on the class progress....

There is one spot left for the New Era class....

The Industrial Classes are just shy of half full.... both days (advanced actually has more people than basics class because of the returning people from the basics class in October)...

Any questions, please be sure to let me know!

The New Era class is full....

Industrial is over half full now.... 9 spots remaining (of 25) for the basics class and 8 spots remaining for the advanced class....

3 spots left for saturday class, 2 spots left for sunday class!

I've just about got the books for the advanced class ready to go to the printer monday - the basics class books will be in hand the same day! Things are coming together!

I will be sending emails to everyone that is registered by monday night giving details of the itenerary and general game plan for saturday and sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Anyone with questions, feel free to email me! Zach@starlitediesel.com

Back