03 cummins surging while cruising above 80

03five9

03 S/O 184xxx Miles brand new Bosch +50hp injectors from injectors direct installed a couple months ago has afe turbo header CAI 4in straight pipe factory programming. I was running about 85 on I10 when it started surging rpms steady but my boost gauge was jumping between 8-10psi so I changed my fuel filter which was replaced only about 3k miles ago took it out on the freeway again same thing but I can bring it down to 75 and it’s perfectly normal maybe even 79 lol but at 80 boost starts bouncing again. Saturday I found my turbo flange gasket split and I had a broken bolt. Pulled turbo replaced flange and bolts and haven’t been able to test out if that fixed it. I don’t have any fuel gauges but the lift pump was replaced 35k miles ago so don’t think that’s the cause. So does anyone think that could cause my issue and maybe fixed it or can I have some more insight and thought on the what the issue is? Also if I’m cruising 80+ I got plenty of power can pull 80-100 steady

No rpg I’m hoping to get with my cousin this weekend and hook up the snap on scanner to go for a ride.

No rpg I’m hoping to get with my cousin this weekend and hook up the snap on scanner to go for a ride.

Back