184/214 cam?

It is replacing the 188-208. It will be for performance street trucks that want better bottom end than 188-220 but want a wider power band than 178-208.
.290-.310"
We ran out today........ We should be getting more in the next month.

How much valve depth is needed and what is the max protrusion on a 24 valve to run this cam with out running a thicker gasket or cutting pistons? My head has been cut .007 and my protrusion is around .024

I would shoot for .040" and all should work fine. On the next run we are retarding intake another degree or two to make more room for it to fit for people with issues like yours.

Spooler. It will spool up a touch better than the 188-208 due to the smaller intake and slightly larger exhaust. It is just a slightly better spooling cam but you will give up a few hundred rpm up top.

So its almost like the old 181/210. I am glad your bringing something very close to that back it was my favorite street cam until it was discontinued

It is 5 degrees bigger at .050" on the exhaust 1 degree bigger than .050" intake but much different ramps. I think you will like it much better than the old 181-210. On our next order it will have .300"/.320" lift and a 108 lsa.

Yes it can run with 60# springs.

I still use stock springs and no issue. I love the 188/208. It works so well for me I hate to try something different.

Last edited:
Did he mention if they have any drop in cams in stock? According to their site, everything at or smaller than the 188-220 is out of stock, most of which has been out for around 2 months or more.

I didn't ask.... Due to our current build, and having clearance issues with the 188/220... I was just checking on swapping before cutting the pistons.

Short conversation, but the way I understood what Ryan was saying, they never planned on making the 184 a part of the series.

Which isn't how I took the way this thread went.

I apologize, I have been under a rock the last month working on new products, getting the dragster ready for the season and the holidays. Yes we are going to do another run in the next month, we just don't have any blanks right now. We are going to up lift a bit and go with a slightly wider lsa.
Also, 188-220's are in stock and will start shipping tomorrow. I apologize for the delays, they sold more in the fall than we had forecasted.

Any news on the 184/214? Is this 24v CR applicable? Also How much are Pushrods going for now?

Last edited:
Back