Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Questions on 4th Gen 1500 Cummins Swap

I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing a 4th gen Hemi with a dropped valve and tossing my 97 drivetrain in it (180pump 12V w/ built 47re). I'll likely research for a while before starting anything, but I didn't know if anyone here has done this with a 4th gen yet.

1) Space Claim.
I'm guessing the engine with factory 4th gen 2500 motor mounts will fit the same, but will it fit under the 1500 hood, and will it fit with the 4WD front suspension and diff?
I wouldn't mind a 2wd version, especially so I could lower it even more, but the truck I'm looking at is 4WD, so... I might start with that if it's possible to squeeze it.

2) Electronics/Dash/Gauges
I'm thinking I could do a stand alone trans module (like Anteater), and then just run the crank position sensor to the balancer (maybe need to add notches?) Does anyone have any ideas on how I'd get everything else to work without a ton of dash lights popping up?

3) Suspension
It looks like the front end on my 97 is ~500lbs more than a 4th gen 1500. I'm not sure if the stock springs would be happy enough and I could get away with just some good shocks, or if I'd need a set of springs and a swaybar? Thoughts?

4) AC
I'm guessing I could make my own lines to have the 12V compressor power all the stock 1500 AC stuff. Is there anything fancy involved in making your own lines?

5) Trans
Right now it has an auto valve body from Redline. I want a ratchet shifter, but am on the fence if I'd want full manual, or just leave it how it is with lockup in all gears.

Anyways, just playing around with the idea and trying to get an idea on how much time I'd have into it.

Closed Thread