Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #1
iride813

Name: iride813
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
47re full manual question.

Ok so I’m doing a transgo TFOD-3 kit on 47re. So it will be full manual off a ratchet shifter. And I’m wanting to control overdrive and lockup off of switches that being said truck is strictly for drag racing and I’m making my own wiring harness. So what I’m wondering is when I wire the lockup and overdrive into switches will I have to wire the whole plug up that controls it aswell as other things? Will I have to supply power to the entire plug or can I get by with just the lockup and overdrive pins? Any help is appreciated. New to wiring lol

Old 09-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
iride813

Member`s Gallery
I’ve also considered filling the passage in the vb for 2nd gear lockup and stay locked until back to 1st. But I’m not even sure if this would work considering there is no electronics hooked up.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #3
iride813

Member`s Gallery
If I just wire up the 5v supply and then the 3-4 shift and torque convertor can I run it like that without the rest of wiring on the plug

Old 09-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
Being manual valvebody all you have to do is supply power to the 3 wire plug, and just supply the ground for lockup and overdrive from your switches. Also I've been running mine for yrs with just supplying 12volts to the power wire, never had an issue.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Also your gonna need to have lockup in 2nd gear. I pull up to stage, flip the lockup switch, and it comes in just after I shift to 2nd on its own. Trying to manually shift all the gears, and also flip lockup on your own isn't as easy as it sounds, if your trucks quick. The 1st to 2nd shift comes real quick

Old 09-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
iride813

Member`s Gallery
So I need to fill that passage anyway? And I thought the 47re went offf the 8 pin connector?

Old 09-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
It is an 8 pin and the sensors read in 5V, but the solenoids (TC lock-up and OD) are simple 12V solenoids. I would recommend taking the power straight to +12V off the battery, and setting up two relays for the ground to each solenoid. Don't splice right at the plug otherwise you could have some capillary effect and suck water through.

I think you're going to want to keep the speedo gear/sensor and wiring as well as the neutral safety switch.

As far as your TV cable goes, I'd leave it hooked up if you're going to bring it on the street. Otherwise, adjust the screw on the VB almost all the way in so it'll see a WOT input and keep the shifts very firm.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #8
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
It is an 8 pin and the sensors read in 5V, but the solenoids (TC lock-up and OD) are simple 12V solenoids. I would recommend taking the power straight to +12V off the battery, and setting up two relays for the ground to each solenoid. Don't splice right at the plug otherwise you could have some capillary effect and suck water through.

I think you're going to want to keep the speedo gear/sensor and wiring as well as the neutral safety switch.

As far as your TV cable goes, I'd leave it hooked up if you're going to bring it on the street. Otherwise, adjust the screw on the VB almost all the way in so it'll see a WOT input and keep the shifts very firm.
Don’t really have no need for speedo or anything like that. It’s a bare cab with about 4 gauges and a roll cage lol. It’s not got a single wire left of the factory harness. And ok. Do I need to ground the govner pressure solidnouds or anything

Old 09-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #9
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Also truck won’t be street driven any. Besides little tests on some roads in Mexico ��. Won’t have headlights or anything. Dedicated to racing only.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iride813 View Post
So I need to fill that passage anyway? And I thought the 47re went offf the 8 pin connector?
Yes 8pin, I'm thinking of my old RH. But still the same, supply power to the input wire, and tie your switches grounds into the LU and OD.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #11
PVAUTO

Name: PVAUTO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Just out of curiosity what passage needs to get filled for 2nd gear lock up?
97 2500 BR 4x4,cali edition, egr delete, 3 piece exh manifold,omega fuel modded 370s 300bar,17.5*,4gsk,afc modded,II HTT63/68/14,4" str8 pipe,built trans,regeared to 4.10s,H2 wheels wrapped with 33s,agr gearbox,carli 2.0s,kore coils,much more

Old 09-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #12
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVAUTO View Post
Just out of curiosity what passage needs to get filled for 2nd gear lock up?
Lookup 47re second gear lockup. There’s a few threads on it.

Closed Thread